All reviews snug bar continental breakfast flights of stairs heated boot room loft room yogurt ski room big mountain big fireplace hot tub lounge area ski trip zip line ski area whitefish mountain thoroughly enjoyed our stay glacier national park
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and daughter and I stayed at Kandahar Lodge in early September of 2017. The room was outstanding! We also enjoyed the common areas, both inside and outside of the lodge. The hot tub was fantastic and allowed for a great view of the sunrise coming over the mountain. The only negative was that the full restaurant wasn't open during the four days that we were there, but we did eat in the bar one evening and the food was really good and very reasonably priced. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful at all times.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer F, Director of Sales at Kandahar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you, Tim, for your kind and complimentary review. Safe travels. Maybe you will come our way again, sometime.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed on our trip to Glacier NP. The lodge was quiet and staff very nice. The room was clean and comfortable but it was disappointing to find out once checked in that the restaurant was closed. Not that big of an issue, we just ate some BBQ down the mountain. We only stayed one night but I can say if my husband and I were skiers, this would be the place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jennifer F, Director of Sales at Kandahar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you, Annie, for taking the time to post this kind review. We appreciate your easy going attitude about the restaurant. It is privately owned and operated by the Chef. He had a hard time finding and keeping staff this summer season and was forced to be closed on some days to give his staff time off. Thanks for the referral to the skiers - we are about to be in that season! Happy travels.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Kandahar Mountain Resort is a fabulous facility. Our visit in early September was met with a light snowfall which enhanced the beauty of the area and facility. Unfortunately the main restaurant was not open during our two day stay but we understand the the food is excellent.

Room tip: The room was large, with lovely furnishings and extremely comfortable.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your five star rating on your review. Shortage of staff caused some days to be closed for the privately owned restaurant. I'm sorry that you experienced that. Bon Voyage!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and I stayed at Kandahar in September, traveling from NY by train and visiting Glacier NP during our stay. Accommodations were magnificent and staff members were courteous and accommodating regarding our every need. We enjoyed the hot tub and my wife thoroughly appreciated receiving a massage. Dinners at the Snug Bar and the Café were exceptional. My daughter and I will be staying at the Kandahar on our second ski excursion to Whiteface Mountain Resort next March and looking forward to the trip west.

Room tip: The recently renovated rooms are spacious and comfortable, the ambience authentically rustic.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer F, Director of Sales at Kandahar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post this lovely review, Jim! See you next time!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed here over Labor Day weekend while touring Glacier National Park. For the price, it wasn't a very good value. No elevator! Restaurant was closed. And it's much older and very tired looking here and there.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience, Alan P. I'm very sorry that the restaurant was not open for you. They struggled all summer season with staffing shortages and had to schedule for the staff they had. Every year we address aging issues of this classic mountain lodge. The rooms were completely refurbished in 2015. This past year we installed LED lights in all fixtures in the lodge. We continue to revisit how we could add an elevator to the building. Happy travels.