Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Grouse Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 177
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 141
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 128
US$ 124
US$ 110
US$ 107
The Firebrand Hotel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Crestwood Resort(Whitefish)
TripAdvisor
1,171 results
All reviewswhitefish lakeboat clubsky bridgegas fireplaceviking buildingstuffed bearboat housefree valet parkingsoaking tubski clubbedroom condolarge bathroomglacier national parkmain buildingcoffee barbeautiful settingfull kitchen
998 - 1,003 of 1,171 reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We often travel to Whitefish from Calgary and always stay at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The room was beautifully furnished, clean and the beds were very comfortable. Food is great, a little expensive but great tasting. We would not stay anywhere else and we can't wait to return. A+!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was fortunate enough to be booked into this hotel by a client of mine. I stayed in a king room in the Viking section which is linked to the main lodge by a covered walkway over the road. The room was oversized and immaculately decorated. The Bathroom was huge with a large tiled shower. A nice feature is the bathroom screens which you can open and sit in the tub watching TV.
The lodge itself is very nicely decorated and staffed by some great people. I didn't use the restaurant but the bar offers a very relaxed setting opening up onto a deck overlooking the lake.

I will definitely be back and plan to stay for more than just the 1 night next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank USspitfire1
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our ski group (2 people) was pleasently surprised. If you read the reviews of the people who gave The Lodge an Excellent rating they will sum up our feelings about The Lodge and the staff. We did not have contact with anyone who was not happy to work for the owners. I must include a note about the location. Whitefish is on the edge of Glacier National Park and a few miles north of Flathead Lake (the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi River). Hungry Horse Dam is also close. $268 dollars RT from Milwaukee by train. Skied 2 days then rented a car (at the lodge for $40 /day) for 2 days and then skied 2 additional days. Great!! Great!! Great!!

Room Tip: Our room in the Viking Lodge was quiet and warm without ever turning on the heat. I like the 2nd floor because of less hall traffic and the room below keeps the floor warmer in the cool weather. View looked into the woods. Rooms have casement windows that you can open.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fred O
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I'm so glad I picked The Lodge at Whitefish Lake for my 44 Central Jersey Ski Club members to stay this March, 2012. I've stayed in the mountain before, even ski-in/out, but found night life at the mtn. dead. The SNOW bus schedule was limited esp for my group who loves to go bar hopping till late at night.The shuttle on demand to the mountain and downtown ( just call) was a welcome .convenience
I opted for the Lodge, with it's new Viking Lodge ( for groups like mine), bar with live music, restaurant, hot tubs, and all the room amenities ( fireplace, wifi etc). I ate everything in the sumptuous daily buffet breakfast. We even had a get-up and go early breakfast prior to the CAT skiing, snow shoeing and cross country skiing day, and our Fernie & Kimberley excursion days.
Edna, Brian, Fabienne met us at the airport and supervised the baggage handling to our rooms. Their employees were more than accomodating and very pleasant, from the front desk, to the ski room ( Sean) and all their drivers. Of course Edna, Brian and Fabienne saw us off at the airport again on our way home.
Such Hospitality !! My group enjoyed this trip so much, they all want to come back next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Our ski group,was accomadated by the Lodge in March. Previous 17 years we stayed at Grouse Mountain Lodge but the Lodge offered better pricing so we decided to switch.
Our group of 23 was met at the Amtrak depot by five people including Brian and Fobby Averil, the owners. They helped us with all our bags and even delivered the bags to our rooms within 15 minutes (at Grouse we had to shlep our own stuff). Our skis and boots were stored in a special room where the boots were dried overnite. The shuttle service to and from the mountain and into town was convenient.
The front desk staff were warm and helpful. Everyone raved about the spacious, clean rooms with huge bathrooms, rain showers, gas fireplaces, mini frisbee, and microwaves. The two hot tubs were always clean and hot. Food at the bar and grill was good but a bit pricey.
I took advantage of the spa services which was a real treat.
All in all a wonderful experience and we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012