Grouse Mountain Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 141
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
The Firebrand Hotel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Duck Inn Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
Kandahar Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 128
US$ 124
US$ 110
US$ 107
Good Medicine Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 228
Lodge at Whitefish Lake(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$ 203
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf courseglacier national parkfree shuttleshuttle servicedowntown whitefishhot tubloft roomindoor poolclose to townski hillwest sidefitness centersun roadbeds were comfortableminute driveoff seasonbig mountain
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel while we were in whitefish for a ski trip. the entrance and common areas (bar, restaurant, etc) are very nice with fancy stonework and iron work. we stayed in a standard room with king sized bed. the room was large with a vaulted ceiling but other than that it was fairly dated. the bed was fairly comfortable with decent linens and pillows. there is free wifi and the outdoor spa overlooks the golfcourse/ cross country skiing course and is a nice place to unwind after a day of skiing. the drinks at the bar/lounge are good but the food is nothing special. there are much better places to eat in town and the prices are better. i would recommend this hotel as the price was right and the room was comfortable but all the pics on the hotel website were obviously taken on a good day in the best light.

Room Tip: the standard rooms with a king sized bed have nice vaulted ceilings
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank weinerdoggy
GrouseMountainLodge, Manager at Grouse Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of completely renovating the entire lodge. Renovations will be complete on the South wing before the summer of 2012 and the North wing before the summer of 2013. Grouse Mountain Lodge was recently purchased by Glacier Park, Inc., and we are excited to show off our new facility as renovations are completed. In the future, you can expect the rooms to resemble the entrance and common areas that were so appealing. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I had high expectations - my company had treated us all to an overnight after our holiday party and they had really talked it up as a huge event. I arrived a bit later than I wanted to and the front desk was very put out by my request to hold my bag so that I could check in after dinner. The meal itself was adequate - not horrid and nothing to brag about. They actually put signs up at the buffet to let us know that we were only allowed one of certain items. TACKY, TACKY, TACKY - I have never seen anything quite like it. We gathered in the bar area afterward where the service was about the same - lacking to say the least.
The room reminded me of a roadside motel that I stayed at in the 80's when I could not afford any better. Dirty, dated, worn out and in need of a serious remodel. I would not have paid more than $50 a night for that room - I am positive my company paid twice that much if not quite a bit more.
Overall, the main areas were nice, but that is where it ended. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to being treated to a nice night at a lodge. I would not go again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeanie W
GrouseMountain, General Manager at Grouse Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Greetings from Grouse Mountain Lodge. It’s always a pleasure hearing from our guests…even when we get a comment back like yours. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a quality experience. We are disappointed to have fallen short of that goal. Your comments have been reviewed with all of our departments. Collectively we review such areas of concern and develop plans to help improve upon your experience.
In Response to your comment of dated rooms I am pleased to announce that we are currently under renovations to update every room in the Lodge. I do hope that you will return to see the newly renovated rooms this summer. We look forward to your return. In the meantime, we wish you good fortune in your travels. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here on business February 2012. First off, I'm sure had I been here to ski it would have been different. Given that though the front entrance and hall are awesome; as was the bar/lounge area, both of which feature impressive fireplaces you can gather around. Conversely, my guest room (in the north hall) felt and looked very dated. From the layer of dust everywhere it was evident it had been a week or more since anyone was in the room. All-in-all it worked for my purposes, but if/when I return to Whitefish I'll probably look for other options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side as you'll get a view of the golf course instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank trainwreck08

Just to let you know, the Lobby, Lounge, and gift shop were the first elements of a complete renovation of Grouse Mountain Lodge. We will finish the South wing before the summer of 2012 and the North wing will be finished by the summer of 2013. Glacier Park, Inc. purchased the Lodge in 2011 and we are excited to be able unveil the rest of our new décor soon! Please do not let this stay taint any future visits to the Lodge. Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the renovations, as well as visit our website/Facebook page to see images of the new rooms! Thank you for taking your time to leave us the feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed here with family Sept. 2011. The entrance is striking and reminiscent of the Glacier Park Lodges. I expected the rooms to be modern (as in, not like those at the GP lodges). They are, kind of. Decor was a hodgepodge of styles - ornate gold frames, rustic lodge log-look, fussy stuffed chairs. We paid quite a premium for bigger, corner room - which was large but not very useable. Good thing we don't watch TV as it was mounted high on the wall across from a couple chairs about 8 ft away and against a wall. You'd have to crane your head straight up to see the screen.

We also were unhappy to be unable to get a table for dinner, even tho we were staying there. Wish the check-in process had included giving us a head's up about the need for reservations, we had several hours time before the meal. The second night we did make reservations and the food was fine.

If you consider staying here, I'd suggest asking to look at a couple different rooms first, and don't expect it to be anything like the GP lodges even tho it's officially one of them.

Room Tip: Ask to see a couple roooms before you check in, especially if you are paying for the premium rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank prairie_fan

FYI, In 2011, Glacier Park, Inc. Purchased the Grouse Mountain Lodge. It sounds like you must have used our call center to book your room. Although, we now own Grouse Mountain, it was not originally part of the Legacy of Historic Lodges in Glacier National Park, which was built by the Great Northern Railroad at the beginning of the last century. So that I can give the Vacation Specialists a heads up, were you under the impression that this was one of those Lodges?
In addition, we have begun a total Renovation on Grouse Mountain Lodge that will be completed on everything except the North Wing before summer of 2012, with the North Wing being completed before summer of 2013. It sounds like you noticed the work we did to the Lobby and Lounge areas. The transformation already makes it feel like a completely new facility! We are excited to show it off soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Grouse Mountain Lodge in August during a trip to Glacier Park. We were very impressed as we drove onto the property--beautiful flowers and landscaping. First impressions are obviously very important to this property. The lobby is stunning--large wooden doors meet guests as they arrive, and the staff was very nice. We stayed on the golf course side of the property, which had a nice view, but the room was VERY dated. The bathroom had formica countertops and laminate flooring. The shower/bath combo was very dated--and ugly brown and dirt and grim in the corners and also around the toilet. The bed was comfortable enough, but the sheets weren't the threadcount you would expect at such an expensive property. The carpets both in the hallway and in the room was very dated and worn. This property is VERY overpriced for how rundown it is.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacie S

Good news. Yes, first impressions are important, but we were not trying to just sucker you in and then let you down with the room quality once you had swiped your card. Glacier Park, Inc. purchased Grouse Mountain Lodge in 2011 and began much needed renovations right away. In the near future, you can expect the rest of the Lodge to match the décor that you noticed as you arrived. Those areas are the ones that were already completed when you stayed with us. Thank you for your review, we expected a little bit of a hand slap, we agree. We cannot wait to show off what we have done, on your next stay.