“Hospitality and location”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Hospitality and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

we both really had great time at west Yellowstone! Most important was the location. The entrance to Yellowstone is right at the door,rather 3 minutes away from the hotel.What a convinience! The hotel staff was corteous and helpful.All inclusive breakfast was satisfying.Beds were comfortable after a long day of sight seeing and hotel itself was competitive with area hotels and motels.

Room Tip: we stayed in room # 106 shich was very close to the swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. Please visit...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tahuko
dasahni, Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing our property! We appreciate your business and hope that if you are ever in the area again you will choose to stay with us!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

After staying once in a lodge within the National park (yellowstone) I must say we did not want to repeat that as the rooms were not air conditioned and the food options were terrible (Xanterra). So we really enjoyed staying in West Yellowstone where this hotel was clean, had great air conditioning and was right in town. The hot water was great in the shower with good water pressure and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. The pool is indoors but not really much to speak of and not inviting to sit around. But this hotel was a great value and you are five minutes from the national park entrance.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor is easier into with your luggage.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and would be honored if you would choose us again should you ever find yourself in West Yellowstone again. We will be working on the pool area to make some improvements where possible and I want to note that we have just replaced the spa tub with a brand new custom built tub. Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Crosswinds and we hope to see you again in the future!
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

This place doesn't have much curb appeal but the room was MUCH nicer thn expected, once inside the room. The beds were well appointed and very comfortable. However, we have a few suggestions. One, the pool was way too cold for comfort. Two, don't reccommend Three Bears Restaurant as it was one of the worst meals of our two month trip. Third, expand the breakfast area. It is way too cramped.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2462skiing
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Thank you for reviewing our motel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that if you are ever in West Yellowstone again you will allow us the pleasure of serving your lodging needs. I am sorry that our recommendation for the Three Bear restaurant turned out to be less than satisfactory. I will make sure that I eat dinner there within the next couple weeks to determine whether I am comfortable continuing to have our staff recommend it to our valued guests. We are not affiliated with the Three Bear restaurant but we certainly do not want to make recommendations for dining that we personally wouldn't patronize. We will also make sure to pass your comments on to the manager of Three Bear. Thank you again for your business!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I booked this against my better judgement after reading some reviews. I was sorry I had. Lady at check-in very pleasant, room itself was good, no complaints there but we had Elephants trampling in room upstairs all night, could hear water running during night. The noise drove me insane. Breakfast was just the stock standard but the room was far to small for the amount of people coming in for breakfast......and....there was a young man hanging around breakfast room and front desk, seemed to know people there but didn't seem to be a worker, was very strange and a bit unprofessional to have people just hanging about.
I would not recommend this hotel purely for the noise factor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for reviewing our motel. I am glad that your check-in process was a good experience, we believe our front desk is wonderful and it is great to hear from guests that we are right.

I apologize that any noise you heard kept you from having a restful night. I am a light sleeper as well and I understand how difficult it can be when not sleeping in ones own bed. When I travel I always bring ear plugs for precisely this reason, so I do truly understand your situation. We would also encourage all our guests to contact the front desk if you feel that any noise you expereince is beyond the usual noise hear when staying in a busy motel. Our front desk staff is experienced and professional and they will contact the occupants of a room if their noise level is beyone acceptable and causing disruption to the rest of our guests.

I hope that you had a wonderful vacation while visiting Yellowstone National Park and I wish you safe travels for all your future adventures.
San Lorenzo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

The price and location were great but after staying there for 4 nights. I suffer from 50+ of bug bites, various from bed bud bites to fleas bites. I never get so many bites, even camping inside the park. next time, before I booked the hotel, I will make sure is not pet friendly hotel. Also will be careful examine the mattress before I sleep on.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our motel. I am sorry your vacation was affected by bites however, I can assure you they were not beg bugs or fleas. I encourage all our guests to examine our mattresses, if you do, you will find that we have invested thousands of dollars in bed bug proof mattress covers. Everyone who visits Yellowstone National Park needs to keep in mind that although the area is amazing and beautiful, it is also full of wildlife and insects, including no-see-ums, which is what I am sure you were bitten by. I have included a link that gives information about these insects. They are virtually invisible and I myself, have been bitten by them and they are horrible. It is important to know the difference between bites because assuming they are bed bugs or fleas is not a fair assumption. We strive to ensure our rooms are exceedingly clean and santized. We employ the use of housekeeping black lights and UV sterilizer wands in addition to our standard cleanliness procedures.

Thank you again for reviewing our motel and I wish you safe travels on all your trips in the future.