“Clean, functional and great locale for entry Yellowstone Park”
Review of Crosswinds Inn

Crosswinds Inn
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 19 October 2011

After staying once in a lodge within the National park (yellowstone) I must say we did not want to repeat that as the rooms were not air conditioned and the food options were terrible (Xanterra). So we really enjoyed staying in West Yellowstone where this hotel was clean, had great air conditioning and was right in town. The hot water was great in the shower with good water pressure and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. The pool is indoors but not really much to speak of and not inviting to sit around. But this hotel was a great value and you are five minutes from the national park entrance.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor is easier into with your luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and would be honored if you would choose us again should you ever find yourself in West Yellowstone again. We will be working on the pool area to make some improvements where possible and I want to note that we have just replaced the spa tub with a brand new custom built tub. Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Crosswinds and we hope to see you again in the future!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Crosswinds Inn

Reviewed 6 October 2011

This place doesn't have much curb appeal but the room was MUCH nicer thn expected, once inside the room. The beds were well appointed and very comfortable. However, we have a few suggestions. One, the pool was way too cold for comfort. Two, don't reccommend Three Bears Restaurant as it was one of the worst meals of our two month trip. Third, expand the breakfast area. It is way too cramped.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 2462skiing
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you for reviewing our motel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that if you are ever in West Yellowstone again you will allow us the pleasure of serving your lodging needs. I am sorry that our recommendation for the Three Bear restaurant turned out to be less than satisfactory. I will make sure that I eat dinner there within the next couple weeks to determine whether I am comfortable continuing to have our staff recommend it to our valued guests. We are not affiliated with the Three Bear restaurant but we certainly do not want to make recommendations for dining that we personally wouldn't patronize. We will also make sure to pass your comments on to the manager of Three Bear. Thank you again for your business!

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I booked this against my better judgement after reading some reviews. I was sorry I had. Lady at check-in very pleasant, room itself was good, no complaints there but we had Elephants trampling in room upstairs all night, could hear water running during night. The noise drove me insane. Breakfast was just the stock standard but the room was far to small for the amount of people coming in for breakfast......and....there was a young man hanging around breakfast room and front desk, seemed to know people there but didn't seem to be a worker, was very strange and a bit unprofessional to have people just hanging about.
I would not recommend this hotel purely for the noise factor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you for reviewing our motel. I am glad that your check-in process was a good experience, we believe our front desk is wonderful and it is great to hear from guests that we are right.

I apologize that any noise you heard kept you from having a restful night. I am a light sleeper as well and I understand how difficult it can be when not sleeping in ones own bed. When I travel I always bring ear plugs for precisely this reason, so I do truly understand your situation. We would also encourage all our guests to contact the front desk if you feel that any noise you expereince is beyond the usual noise hear when staying in a busy motel. Our front desk staff is experienced and professional and they will contact the occupants of a room if their noise level is beyone acceptable and causing disruption to the rest of our guests.

I hope that you had a wonderful vacation while visiting Yellowstone National Park and I wish you safe travels for all your future adventures.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

The price and location were great but after staying there for 4 nights. I suffer from 50+ of bug bites, various from bed bud bites to fleas bites. I never get so many bites, even camping inside the park. next time, before I booked the hotel, I will make sure is not pet friendly hotel. Also will be careful examine the mattress before I sleep on.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our motel. I am sorry your vacation was affected by bites however, I can assure you they were not beg bugs or fleas. I encourage all our guests to examine our mattresses, if you do, you will find that we have invested thousands of dollars in bed bug proof mattress covers. Everyone who visits Yellowstone National Park needs to keep in mind that although the area is amazing and beautiful, it is also full of wildlife and insects, including no-see-ums, which is what I am sure you were bitten by. I have included a link that gives information about these insects. They are virtually invisible and I myself, have been bitten by them and they are horrible. It is important to know the difference between bites because assuming they are bed bugs or fleas is not a fair assumption. We strive to ensure our rooms are exceedingly clean and santized. We employ the use of housekeeping black lights and UV sterilizer wands in addition to our standard cleanliness procedures.

Thank you again for reviewing our motel and I wish you safe travels on all your trips in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

When we noticed that Water Tub did not drain in the night at 9.30 when we mentioned this to staff at the Desk we were told that they were no service people around in the night and we have to wait till the next day morning to somebody come over and fix it and so we had to sleep without a shower that night and leave the Motel early in the morning as planned to catch a train in Harve without a shower. and as a bonus "to our shock" we were given a plunger to deal with the crises which is I think worst way to treat your Clients.

Apart from this all the other aspects were ok.

Room Tip: Check all the aspects of the room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Review4allMn
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for reviewing our motel, we appreciate your business. I want to apologize to you for my staff not providing better service. I can assure you that it is not acceptable to tell our guests that we can't help them because there are no service people. I have two maintenance staff on call 24/7 so you should not have been told that. I will address this with all front desk personnel and make sure they are all reminded of the most critical part of our jobs, providing good customer service to our valued guests. I hope that should you ever find yourself in West Yellowstone again you will allow us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.