All reviewsyellowstone parksmall showeroffer breakfastin townbed was comfortablewalking distancewould definitely stay here againfridge and microwavewi fijackson holespent nightsafter a long dayice machineshops and restaurantsvisit yellowstonehot chocolatewest entrance
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

On the positive side, this is an attractive well maintained facility. The rooms are very clean & towels are ample. The low rating is because their advertised rate is much lower than what we were actually offered on the phone. We were two elderly couples who wanted to share a room with two large beds. We had to rent a second room because "fire regulations" forbid us all in one room even though it was a ground floor room with two queen size beds. The second room cost an extra $184. I am a retired architect. I have designed several hotels & motels and I am very familiar with fire codes. My impression was that the front desk clerks had been coached to fill the rooms. West Yellowstone has a captive market and takes advantage of the huge numbers of people wanting to visit Yellowstone Park.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank dougredcnoe
brennamaurer, Manager at Moose Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear dougredcnoe,

Your party had made two separate non-refundable reservations through Booking.com for two rooms at our property in September. The two reservations were for October 4th. At the time of arrival, you requested to cancel one of your non-refundable reservations so that both parties could stay in one room. At that time, you were informed that the reservations were booked at a non-refundable rate, so no refund could be offered for cancelling a non-refundable reservation. Again, these reservations were made through Booking.com. Should you have an issue with the Booking.com service or policy, please contact Booking.com directly. We hope you enjoyed Yellowstone!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I love Yellowstone in the Fall. I could usually expect lower lodging prices and fewer people. The summer crowds spoil the idea of primitive nature. It makes it hard to contemplate the beauty and peace, but unfortunately Yellowstone is being loved to death. Secret little places I love were closed already and there were still crowds even though it was October. To add to there disappointments West Yellowstone, one of the few places where you have lodging with easy access to the park is now one of the most expensive places I have ever stayed. I am not a wealthy person so I usually go off season, but lodging cost are still outrageous. Moose Creek Inn is clean, comfortable, and convenient, but old. No swimming pool, or breakfast, The beds and linens were outstanding. The employees were friendly and helpful. The carpet was worn. No drawers for storage. all necessary equipment and supplies. I was just shocked at the cost. I guess there is a great demand for lodging so they will charge what they can get. It is disappointing that I will not be able to make this trip again. I spent the same amount of time in Jackson Hole last fall and paid half the price. Bottom line is if you do not mind spending luxury prices for moderate accommodations then you can still stay in West Yellowstone. Yellowstone National Park is remarkable.

Stayed: October 2017

I am sorry to hear that you found that accommodations too expensive. For lower rates, I recommend visiting West Yellowstone in April or late October when rates are significantly lower than during peak season. West Yellowstone accommodates large numbers of visitors May 1- mid October. We hope that you enjoyed Yellowstone!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Room allocated to us was on second floor - up an open grid metal staircase so be aware if you have heavy luggage or are elderly. The queen bedded room was small and so too was the shower room. Parking was tight.
Stayed one night in September and strongly felt that the room was overpriced considering there was no breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear wendyffitchbradley,
I am sorry to hear that you would have preferred a first floor room instead of a second floor room. We do have open grid metal staircases for safety as we live in a very cold climate that often produces large amounts of snow and ice. For the safety of our guests, we do have metal staircases to prevent ice buildup on the stairs. We do try our best to accommodate requests for first or second floor rooms when possible. We also have staff who are more than happy to deliver luggage to and from your room between 7:00am and midnight. We have more than enough parking spaces along the side and back of the building. We do not offer assigned parking. You state that you stayed with us during September. September is still peak season in Yellowstone. For lower rates, I recommend visiting Yellowstone in late April or late October.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Location is easily accessible. Room was very comfortable and well appointed and while there are no dressers, there is a clothes rack and luggage stand. Beds were great after a long day of hiking and riding in the car. Parking was interesting and a bit tight, but manageable. Restaurants were within convenient walking distance. They have a nice coffee set up in the office after 7 A.M.

Room Tip: We had the two queen bed room on the second level of the back unit, and it was a good size and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear bjlogan,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope that you enjoyed Yellowstone!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Would be considered overpriced for what you get if not for location. Right in downtown West Yellowstone about 4 blocks from West Entrance to Yellowstone Park. Small but clean room. Wall are thin so you can hear your neighbors TV and shower activity. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The coffee area was cozy with good coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Also free cookies.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear BillMeyers,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location. We do offer larger, double queen rooms at a higher rate. We hope that you enjoyed your visit to Yellowstone!