“so much quality for so less money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evergreen Motel

Evergreen Motel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Delft, The Netherlands
“so much quality for so less money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

We choose this motel because it was so friendly priced and didn't expect much of it, but we were really surprised! The room was very clean, pleasant to stay in because of the cosy atmosphere and the bed was awsome. we wanted to leave early in the morning but slept so very well that it was already late when we left.
The couple who lead this motel is very friendly and helpful and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: don't come in too late otherwise you don't enjoy the most of it
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
EvergreenMotel, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
We are very pleased to hear that you had a good experience at the Evergreen Motel! We are especially happy to know that you enjoyed our beds.

Thank you for the nice comments and we hope you visit again sometime!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York state
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here for five nights at the end of April. I choose the Evergreen because it was less expensive then the larger hotels in the area, it was close to the Yellowstone entrance, and it was well rated on trip advisor.
Don't expect luxury. The "very good" rating reflects the clean, basic lodging available for the price. The rooms include a refrigerator and microwave. Also, the laundry room contains a large size ice machine, enough to supply everyone with ice for their coolers. You'll appreciate this when packing for the park. The WiFi works fine.
Sara and Logan are fine hosts. Sara bakes cookies for the afternoon, and muffins at breakfast. They were both helpful in providing advice about visiting the park.
On the other side of the ledger, the rooms are small and dark. There was only one chair in my room, which was hard and uncomfortable for watching TV, The flat screen TV was OK, but the local channel lineup left off PBS programming. There is one telephone available to everyone in the launfry room, but it was not working when I was there. Sara lent me her cell phone when I needed to make a call. West Yellowstone does not have pay phones, but there are pay phones in the park.
Most of my time was spent at Yellowstone. The room was acceptable, and the price was much appreciated in comparison to the neighbor properties. Try and book directly or on the website. I used booking.com, and I believe I was charged an extra fee for the privilege.
Thanks to Sara and Logan for the pleasant waystation while visting Yellowstone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank simulation
EvergreenMotel, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for this nice review of our property!

I'm glad you noticed our level of cleanliness as it is our number one priority.

As a note to future guests, PBS is not offered to lodging properties as part of the hospitality package, so it will not be on the channel listing. We did however conduct a survey with a group of our guests last year to put together the most well rounded channel listing we could provide.

Also, please see our website room description or contact our staff if you have any questions about what is included in each unit. Single queen rooms include one chair.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

My husband and I like to stay at smaller private establishments,when we travel There is pride in ownership and they seem to go the extra mile for happy cuxtomers. Evergreen fit our tastes to a T. The rates were great and the staff was very friendly and helpul at check in. Pleasantly surprised by the room it was spacious and very clean. Parking was a bit cramped but not much anyone can do about that.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Grand Ledge, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I was on a cross-country road trip from Washington to Michigan, taking the long route so I could see Yellowstone and other areas. I planned to camp, but the weather left me wanting something a bit more comfortable while in the Yellowstone area. I found the Evergreen Motel online while in Butte and made a reservation.

Because it was late in the day, I called to confirm and quickly received a call back from one of the owners (Sara) telling me where to pick up the keys. Got to the motel and found them where promised. In the process of moving things into my room, the wind caused the door to close with the key inside (my fault). I called the motel number and soon Logan (the other owner) was outside to assist. He was super friendly about it given the time and was just as friendly the next morning at check out.

The motel was very comfortable and extremely clean - more than perfect for my needs. That combined with the nice decor and friendliness of the owners led me to make an evening call the next day to see if I could book another night. Sara was able to book me a room for the extra night and I enjoyed a second night's stay there.

I would highly recommend the Evergreen Motel if in West Yellowstone. It's perfect for just about any type of traveler looking for a comfortable and clean motel. If I'm in the area again and not camping, I will definitely stay at the Evergreen Motel. Great place, great owners.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael C
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I absolutely adored this place. We had a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, two TVs, an excellent sized fridge....everything you could need. It felt more like staying in a little cabin than staying in a motel. The two owners of the place are so nice! It was surprisingly cheap for how nice it was...I believe we paid 55 dollars a night! This was in the offseason, however, before all of Yellowstone National Park is open for the year. I can't wait to come back here in the future!!

Room Tip: The rooms with the kitchens are so much fun, and it was so nice to be able to make a few meals ourse...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank okruhlik1
EvergreenMotel, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you so much for this nice review!

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Especially enough to extend your stay.

Come back again soon!