All reviews the main lodge poolside grill lower lodge horseback riding paradise valley dinner reservations rustic cabin the main dining room shared bath spring pool fisherman's lodge hot pools montana experience old west hot springs resort yellowstone national park front porch
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

There are hamburgers anywhere—but there’s only one Elk and Bison burger from The Saloon at Chico Hot Springs! It’s a half-pound of greatness. Immortality. A marvel on the plate! Flavor, freshness, a chef that cares when you enjoy your meal. A burger at Chico isn’t to be missed. (Neither are the Sweet Potato Fries!)!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MontanaMac, Manager at Chico Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

My favorite as well, blackhillslady! Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Have stayed at Chico a couple of times now in the Main Lodge with shared bath but this was my first stay in the Fisherman's Lodge. My friend and I checked into a lovely, large comfortable room with a huge bed for each of us . Negotiating the cold, wet (due to the snow) stone floor to get to the bathroom was a little uncomfortable (I hadn't taken slippers!) but was only a minor issue, I was glad to have a bathroom in the room, which was why we'd booked the lodge. The view from the room was lovely and when I peeped out in the evening there was a group of Mule-Deer munching grass through the snow! I think they were maybe disturbing the 2 dogs in the room next door, as were other people walking past, but their barking calmed down and didn't disturb us. I could see that this could be a possible problem though with more noisy pets. It was a chilly walk down and back to the pool for a soak but this is such a unique experience in the winter that it was well worth it! Where else can you soak in lovely warm water while your hair freezes?!?! Just be careful not to take money / valuables down to the pool as lockers are limited and the changing area communal. If I have one complaint it would be the limited space in the changing area. We had a reservation for dinner in the Dining Room (booking is required to get a table during busy times) and enjoyed a lovely meal and wine... We even managed to take our remaining wine back to our room with smaller wine glasses provided for the purpose. Chico is a place to go and relax. There was no TV in our room and we chilled out with our wine and reading. After dinner and a soak I was snoring into my Kindle by half past 8!!!

Room tip: Would recommend one with a bathroom otherwise you could be trawling the halls to get a free toilet and shower!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you, 1804Ems, for your review! So happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do hope you'll visit again!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We spent 5 days at Yellowstone and stayed here at night. The drive from Yellowstone is about 30 miles, but is through beautiful country. We just planned our days to end at the north entrance so we could head up. The food is absolutely fantastic. The only downside is that the pools into which the hot springs are fed get very, very crowded and loud. Lots of drinking by and in the pool, so not a quiet, romantic spot.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank LBB6

Thank you for your review, LBB6. My favorite time to enjoy the hot springs is early in the morning or mid-day during the weekdays.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night in the rustic cabin with our two small children. It was a warmer than normal winter weekend so the road was super muddy so we had to drive back and forth to the lodge to eat and soak. Next time we will stay in the newer lodge for the convenience of the distance to the lodge. We ate in the dining room and the poolside restaurant. The food in the dining room was very delicious and very rich! Our lunch by the pool was fast and sufficient. Our kids loved the warm pool and the shallow end so they could touch without help. The cabin is very rustic and one should expect rustic conditions. But there were beds and heat and that’s all we were looking for. It was a nice stay and we will be back soon.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TravelerPlusTwo

Thank you for your review, TravelerPlusTwo! I'd like to recommend the Warren Wing for your next stay. It's attached to the Historic Main Lodge, but has larger rooms with one king or two queen beds and a full bath - with the convenience of being close to the pool and restaurants. Looking forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife and I stopped in for a few hours on our way from Bozeman into the park. We hunt out in the hot springs pool for a bit and then had dinner in the saloon. The pool reminds us of Calistoga Hot Springs in California. It was a perfectly enjoyable way to spend a few hours in the middle of winter, and for only a few dollars.

Then we ate at the Saloon. It was convenient, though not particularly delicious or anything, but it was part of the overall experience and we enjoyed our flatbread and spinach salad for what it was.

Overall we would say this is a must stop if you're coming through to the north entrance of the park. Expect what it is, a great stop in the middle of Montana.

Date of stay: January 2018