All reviewsclark forkthe riverwalking bridgelovely porchsmall porchbreakfast was deliciousbike shopred birdfrat housepaved walkcurrent locationb bscome homecommon roomnicely decorated and cleanplace to stayfrittata
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I stayed in the Greenough Suite (room #7) which was spacious, comfortable, and well appointed as promised. Great views of the river and a little private deck of my own. Every meal was delicious with generous offers to create something custom to eat (which I didn't need). I enjoyed meeting the owners and staff, who are well connected to, and knowledgeable about, their local community. Cool to hear the wild history of this beautiful building. Highly recommended. LOCATION IS INCREDIBLE. I walked everywhere in Missoula from here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thanks so much for the review - we really love sharing Missoula and our river front location with our guest! We work hard to ensure they have a great stay and enjoy their time in both Missoula and surrounding areas!

Best,

Reviewed 15 April 2017

The Greenough Suite (No. 7) has a great balcony overlooking the river and a sitting room-like space connected to the main bedroom. We would come home from a day of being out and about and enjoy reading on the balcony and watching the world go by, a little bit of work at the desk in the sitting room, some feet-up time in one of the comfy chairs.

Jordan and team were very easygoing and ready to accommodate requests, whether for variations in breakfast menu or a place to leave bags after checking out. Jordan served a great breakfast and always took a moment to ask about the day ahead, offer ideas about things to see and do and know about Missoula.

The house is clean, the rooms are clean and comfortable. In warmer weather, the great old porch has to be a favorite place. The house is situated right on a network of walking paths or bike paths: you can walk downtown in 5-10 minutes. Campus is just across the river.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doug D
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Goldsmith's B&B is iconic! Located right on the Clark Fork River, near the pedestrian bridge near the University of Montana. You can walk downtown and enjoy all that Missoula has to offer. Nice view out the windows of the bridge and the river.

The room I stayed inn the Duniway Room was immaculate, comfy queen bed, large closet, plenty of space, TV (although I didn't use it), fast wifi, The bathroom had plenty of shelf space to put my things and had a tub with a shower.

Sorry I can't comment on breakfast, as I had made other plans. It sure did smell great though.

Room Tip: The website will tell you which rooms have a river view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure hosting and we know Missoula has some really great breakfast options so we understand when other arrangements come up.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 11 February 2017

We stayed at this B&B for two nights before heading home to PA. Our main reason for visiting Missoula was for the trout fishing and we weren't disappointed. Our hosts were very accommodating of our wet waders and boots! I can't attest to the breakfast quality because we didn't stick around for it...took off to fish Rock Creek! We thoroughly enjoyed the porch in the evenings. We spent lots of time out there drinking wine and enjoying the river. I highly recommend this B&B. It's also in a great location so we were able to leave the car parked and walk into downtown Missoula to the restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Thank you for the review ! Missoula is a fly fishing community and we more than understand our guest needs when it comes to outdoor recreation! I'm sorry we missed you at breakfast but glad you got to try out the River City Grill on your way to fishing in the morning! It's hard to beat watching the river roll by sitting on the porch as Norman McClean has immortalized;

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It and Other Stories

Thanks again,

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

My son, Dylan, I visited this B&B January 9 and 10. Of 2017. Please excuse the quality of the photography as the sun was bright and in the wrong location.

This B&B is located on the Clark Fork River. The river was named by Meriweather Lewis and William Clark which makes historically significant. It centrally located in the middle of Missoula and only minutes away from MSO airport. For some unknown reason there are very few locations the river. This one does and I love it!

Not only is this a great place to stay for people vacationing, it is also an ideal location for people visiting the University of Montana.

The food was excellent. We had a Denver Omelet in a ramekin the first morning and Eggs Benedict the second morning (Sorry, no pictures. I'll do better in my next review as I appreciate them myself).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure hosting you and your son, and you are forgiven for not getting better photos - they still look great to us!

Hope to see you again,