“Historic B&B right on the River”

Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 Missoula B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Goldsmith's B&B is iconic! Located right on the Clark Fork River, near the pedestrian bridge near the University of Montana. You can walk downtown and enjoy all that Missoula has to offer. Nice view out the windows of the bridge and the river.

The room I stayed inn the Duniway Room was immaculate, comfy queen bed, large closet, plenty of space, TV (although I didn't use it), fast wifi, The bathroom had plenty of shelf space to put my things and had a tub with a shower.

Sorry I can't comment on breakfast, as I had made other plans. It sure did smell great though.

Room Tip: The website will tell you which rooms have a river view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure hosting and we know Missoula has some really great breakfast options so we understand when other arrangements come up.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 11 February 2017

We stayed at this B&B for two nights before heading home to PA. Our main reason for visiting Missoula was for the trout fishing and we weren't disappointed. Our hosts were very accommodating of our wet waders and boots! I can't attest to the breakfast quality because we didn't stick around for it...took off to fish Rock Creek! We thoroughly enjoyed the porch in the evenings. We spent lots of time out there drinking wine and enjoying the river. I highly recommend this B&B. It's also in a great location so we were able to leave the car parked and walk into downtown Missoula to the restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Thank you for the review ! Missoula is a fly fishing community and we more than understand our guest needs when it comes to outdoor recreation! I'm sorry we missed you at breakfast but glad you got to try out the River City Grill on your way to fishing in the morning! It's hard to beat watching the river roll by sitting on the porch as Norman McClean has immortalized;

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It and Other Stories

Thanks again,

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

My son, Dylan, I visited this B&B January 9 and 10. Of 2017. Please excuse the quality of the photography as the sun was bright and in the wrong location.

This B&B is located on the Clark Fork River. The river was named by Meriweather Lewis and William Clark which makes historically significant. It centrally located in the middle of Missoula and only minutes away from MSO airport. For some unknown reason there are very few locations the river. This one does and I love it!

Not only is this a great place to stay for people vacationing, it is also an ideal location for people visiting the University of Montana.

The food was excellent. We had a Denver Omelet in a ramekin the first morning and Eggs Benedict the second morning (Sorry, no pictures. I'll do better in my next review as I appreciate them myself).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure hosting you and your son, and you are forgiven for not getting better photos - they still look great to us!

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Lucky me. Plans for a recent trip to MT changed to begin and end in Missoula. Found Goldsmith's B&B via TripAdvisor.
Stayed in the first-floor suite. Met Jordan (whom I'd corresponded with as the Missoula leg of the trip had emerged on short notice) as I checked in. We had a great visit at breakfast the next morning (over the fresh, hot Denver omelet he'd made me) after he'd had a vigorous early morning snow shoveling. Met some other guests the next morning (up from Billings in bad weather) over another wonderful breakfast.
What's not to like: nice suite, exactly as advertised; timely, effective communications; quiet place right on the river (saw a huge, blue heron first morning); all located within walking distance of downtown Missoula. Great family-owned place I plan to return to the next time my travels take me to Missoula.

Stayed: December 2016
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thanks so much for the review - really enjoyed chatting with you at breakfast and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We booked the Clark Fork suite thanks to a cancellation! It was perfect. Private porch on the river, within view of the foot bridge onto UM campus. Plenty of space for family of four. Breakfast was meticulously prepared with juice, yogurt, coffee, tea freely accessible, along with breakfast veggie casserole and fresh fruit and bacon. Dog friendly too!

Stayed: November 2016
Jordan G, Manager at Goldsmith's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Thank you for your review! I'm glad it worked out that you were able to get our Clark Fork Suite for the night and that you enjoyed our fresh daily breakfast!

Thanks again,