“I never thought a motel 6 could get this good. ”

Motel 6 Missoula - University
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I have always avoided motel 6 like the plaque with its musty smells and thin stained carpets and mattresses. Well that has changed with some of the motel 6 remodels, when I read about them last year I wanted to check one out since we always travel with dogs. In this renovated motel 6 there was completely modern minimalist furniture and no carpeting. They have put in a high grade solid vinyl flooring that doesn't hold the smells previous animals so my dogs felt right at home. They had a place designated for dog walking and the whole room was clean. The staff was super helpful and friendly. The internet was slow and the coffee was weak, but 69 dollars, you can't beat the clean, comfortable and pet friendly rooms.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2017

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID....This place is a disaster of bedbugs, yes bedbugs, and I have the pictures to prove it. Unclean toilet seat, no towels, unfinished drywall repairs next to the tub. We were too tired to change hotels and thought it would be okay to just go to bed and get out as fast as possible in the morning. Even that decision was a mistake

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Just needed a room for the night as we were on our way home. It was adequate. Provided bed, and shower. Room was clean, but most of it was very dated. We stayed in the Studio 6 rooms, so there was a small kitchen - not equipped with anything more than a fridge and microwave. Would have loved a small coffee pot.
Coffee, and ice were available down the street at the office. Pillows needed to be replaced. There were only two for the queen sized bed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Just passing through so it wasn't too disturbing. It was clean enough and that is about it. No amenities to speak of....hand soap, period. At least I could park in front of the door and I felt safe enough. But yes, there are trains, traffic but the walls are cement so it was dampened. The potty/tub room was a wreck. The light/fan unit was barely hanging from a water stained ceiling and it had bare fluorescent. The tub I wouldn't touch...scraped and really ill kept. Bed was okay but the pillows were old and sad. No next time....

Room Tip: Someplace else....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Missoula - University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I really enjoy this Motel 6! The staff really is what really sets this Motel 6 from the rest. I travel with my dog on my trips and the welcome my pet as well as me. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The General Manager has a great staff! I have noticed some of the reviews and had to think are they staying at the same Motel 6? Then I noticed some talk about carpet and this Motel 6 has been remodel to the new wooden floors. They wrote their review on the other Motel 6 down the road. Do your research before you book to make sure you are at the right one. Keep up the great job you have a guest for life!

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the right Motel 6, there is now two on the same street!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business