“really good, not really Montana”
Review of Plonk

Plonk
Ranked #12 of 303 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We have eaten at Plonk several times and always have had a really great meal. Wine list is also quite good. If you are looking for more local flavor, I would try one of the many breweries or the Top Hat. That being said, I think Plonk has the best chef in Missoula.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Been wanting to try Plonk for some time now, so decided to get reservations for Valentines evening. when we arrived we were seated promptly and served a drink in great time considering how busy they were. That's about all the praise I have left in me, from there on things got dismal. They were serving a special 4 course meal for the evening and believe me there was nothing special about it.... 1st course was some sort of potato that was the size of a cheese stick, tasted ok but hardly worth dirtying a plate, 2nd course was 3 thin slices of duck, no flavor and tough as nails, 3rd course comes along, "steak", awesome something I can sink my teeth in to, wrong, this thing was so tough I almost chipped my teeth on it! My wife could only get on bite down and the couple next to us abandon their steaks as well. Desert finally rolls in and again another delicate portion that tasted more like runny chalk than anything. I'm really not that hard to please when it comes to food but this was off the charts not good food! I may stop for a beverage down the road but there's too many places in Missoula that can fill you up and cook a good steak.

Shanna L, Manager at Plonk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Recurve48, thanks very much for visiting. We're sorry you feel this way but greatly appreciate your effort to spend Valentine's with us and wish you well.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

The best there is in Missoula without any doubt. It is great in anyone's book. This ranks with some of the tops in cities like Seattle, Boston, Chicago etc etc. The menu is imaginative and so very well presented. Service is top drawer The cocktail list is amazing, ambiance a big wow.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

the wine selection is great as is the food, but 6 of us went for dinner on a Monday night, there was a 45 minute delay between our salad and the entree. Our server was good but overwhelmed. There was a concert that evening at the Wilma, so it may be that the staff didn't expect the number of diners, but still.

Shanna L, Manager at Plonk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Lakehost, thank you for your visit. We apologize for the delay you experienced that evening and are grateful for your thoughts. Thanks again and warm wishes.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We attended as a party of 6 on an early Monday evening. Although rather pretentious (fennel pollen, anyone?), I was taken aback by the horrible, slow service (45 minutes between salad and main course, without even asking if we would like more wine!!).

Food was good, but not memorable. However, If you can’t staff/service a kitchen, then just run it as a wine bar!

Shanna L, Manager at Plonk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Cris B, we're sorry you feel this way, but thank you for your visit and extend warm wishes.

Been to Plonk? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK