“Wonderfully memorable”

The Silk Road
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We had a delicious meal here, with wonderful service at the bar (a gorgeous antique affair) superb wine, fabulous beignets for a decadent finish to the meal. What a shame this place is closing, we will remember it as a highlight of our trip to Missoula.

1  Thank talaria9

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Best small plates meal we have ever had. The broccoli was exquisite and the beef skewers sublime. The orange salad was also great, and my wife and I fought over the last bite. Sadly the restaurant closes at the end of September, although they intend to continue catering and sell spice mixtures through the Internet.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Two years ago we ate here and on our recent return to Missoula, this was our first stop for dinner on the day we arrived. We ate here twice in the week we were visiting Missoula, it is that good! Sadly, they'll be closing, so if you haven't had a chance to enjoy the food here, get there before October 1! Highly recommend and they'll be sorely missed next time we visit!

1  Thank Regina573
Reviewed 4 September 2016

The food at the Silk Road is frequently different from what one's familiar with, but always worth trying. Have never been disappointed by my choices here. There are also good choices for vegetarians. Service is prompt, and the atmosphere is cozy.

1  Thank jtfman
Reviewed 4 September 2016

In Missoula for business I wondered what the restaurants would be like so I was quite
surprised to find, by accident, The Silk Road. It was just 5PM and looked actually closed but when I went in I found out they had just opened for the evening. Seated at a table by the large front window it felt like I had stepped into the Middle East with the wall hangings, pictures and general decor. It was peaceful and serene. When I was given the menu, Gabriel my server, explained that these were small portions of recipes from various parts of the world, generally along the silk route, that would be shared. Since I was traveling solo and after some discussion with Gabriel about some diet restrictions he suggested The Crisped Cauliflower, The Massaman a curry broth with tofu and for dessert I chose the Mango Habanero Sorbet.

It was one of the most delicious meals I have eaten. I ate here several more times before I left Missoula and although I ordered other dishes I had the cauliflower every time, it was so delicious. There was one dessert that I ate twice, the ganache filled Calzone, very rich and filling.

The food is outstanding and the servers were excellent. With new patrons I could overhear them explain that although the portions may seem small it is because many dishes can be ordered so that each dish can be shared. I also heard them ask if anyone might have a diet restriction so that they could suggest what would be suitable for that individual.

I was very pleased with my meals here and that the price for each dinner was very fair.
While there I found out that the restaurant is closing on Oct 01 to tend to their catering and their retail spice business. Even though I don't know when I plan to return to
Missoula there were many people that I spoke to who will miss this most unusual
restaurant.