Review Highlights
Great lodging and even better fishing!

My dad and I took our first fishing trip out to Montana a few weeks back. Eric and his team at the... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2020
W2522ITtomh
FISH WERE CAUGHT

We had a beautiful day of fishing with our guide Russell. FISH WERE CAUGHT! The creek was... read more

Reviewed 21 July 2020
LeslieMcpeak
Fort Collins, Colorado

All reviews fly fishing his team an incredible experience my dad first timers yellowstone river three days adams eric montana teacher casting catching skills float
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 December 2015

I've fished with Montana Fly Fishing Guides at least once a year for the past 5 years, and counting. Most years I've been lucky enough to do a trip with the guys, and then another trip with my wife. MFG has always created a fishing experience that matches the fishing skill (some guys are first timers, some are experts) and desire (my wife appreciates MFG flexibility to fishing itineraries based on weather and other variables). I've fished 20 of the best trout water in the U.S., and I think that MFG has some of the most knowledgeable and talented guides out there. For me, a fun day of fishing includes good water, beautiful scenery, good company, catching a few fish (or a whole lotta fish) and learning something new. That's exactly what you get with MFG, and that's why we keep coming back year after year. Thanks Eric and team, see you soon.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 23 November 2015

A fly fishing buddy and myself made our first trip to the Yellowstone this year in October. Eric Adams was our guide for the 2 days of floating down the Yellowstone. The weather was a bit brutal; very cold and rainy but we did not care and Eric was fantastic. He worked very hard to get us on fish and he did, with great results. Despite the weather, we had a fantastic time and landed plenty of fish. Just as important, Eric is a great teacher and made sure we were dialing-in they way we should be on a big body of water like the Yellowstone. We cannot wait to go back!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank michaelcF1201JM
Eric A, Owner at Montana Fly Fishing Guides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Thanks guys - those tough weather days can certainly be interesting. Glad we all pushed through and made the best of it!

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Eric is a spring creek master! I have fished with him many times on Armstrong's and Depuy's spring creeks in Paradise Valley, Montana. He understands the hatches and can decipher which bugs to use. He has great vision and we spend hours head hunting the bank feeders inches from the grass. It is a totally consuming fishing experience. If you get a chance I would call Eric and go after the toughest fish you can find on the creek.

Date of experience: July 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Always a pleasure to fish the creeks with attentive and skilled anglers. Looking forward to seeing you again next season.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Same as above!! Great trip! Good scenery. Fishing was fine, wish I had caught more fish. what more do I need to say to meet my characters quota? Some of us express ourselves briefly and succinctly

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Fishing with MFG is a great, professional experience! From booking the trip, to the followup emails, this outfit is top notch! And let's not forget the fishing!!! Whether on the Missouri or the Yellowstone, each experience is the trip of a lifetime! The guides are very professional and on top of their game. The best part is they cater to all fly fishing expertise! I have re-booked time and time again over the past 5 years for friends and business associates! Stop reading reviews now and just book with MFG!

Date of experience: August 2015