“Amazing!!”

Montana Fly Fishing Guides - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Montana Fly Fishing Guides, LLC. offers professionally guided fly fishing trips for anglers throughout Montana. Our guide staff are seasoned veterans on Montana’s blue ribbon trout steams – they are friendly, knowledgeable, and above all eager to teach others. We operate Montana fly fishing trips on a number of Montana rivers, streams and lakes.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I just completed my 2nd trip to Craig and I am convinced there is no better guide to fish with then Eric. It's sort of not fair how 1 man can have sooooo much knowledge about fishing and the outdoors. His experience and willingness to share his knowledge goes a very long way when fishing with him. First class service while having an extremely great time and I highly recommend MFG to everyone looking for an incredible experience!!!

Date of experience: May 2016
"bite"
"expert"
"beauty"

Reviewed 25 December 2015

I've fished with Montana Fly Fishing Guides at least once a year for the past 5 years, and counting. Most years I've been lucky enough to do a trip with the guys, and then another trip with my wife. MFG has always created a fishing experience that matches the fishing skill (some guys are first timers, some are experts) and desire (my wife appreciates MFG flexibility to fishing itineraries based on weather and other variables). I've fished 20 of the best trout water in the U.S., and I think that MFG has some of the most knowledgeable and talented guides out there. For me, a fun day of fishing includes good water, beautiful scenery, good company, catching a few fish (or a whole lotta fish) and learning something new. That's exactly what you get with MFG, and that's why we keep coming back year after year. Thanks Eric and team, see you soon.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 23 November 2015

A fly fishing buddy and myself made our first trip to the Yellowstone this year in October. Eric Adams was our guide for the 2 days of floating down the Yellowstone. The weather was a bit brutal; very cold and rainy but we did not care and Eric was fantastic. He worked very hard to get us on fish and he did, with great results. Despite the weather, we had a fantastic time and landed plenty of fish. Just as important, Eric is a great teacher and made sure we were dialing-in they way we should be on a big body of water like the Yellowstone. We cannot wait to go back!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank michaelcF1201JM
Eric A, Owner at Montana Fly Fishing Guides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Thanks guys - those tough weather days can certainly be interesting. Glad we all pushed through and made the best of it!

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Eric is a spring creek master! I have fished with him many times on Armstrong's and Depuy's spring creeks in Paradise Valley, Montana. He understands the hatches and can decipher which bugs to use. He has great vision and we spend hours head hunting the bank feeders inches from the grass. It is a totally consuming fishing experience. If you get a chance I would call Eric and go after the toughest fish you can find on the creek.

Date of experience: July 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Always a pleasure to fish the creeks with attentive and skilled anglers. Looking forward to seeing you again next season.