“A Truly Restorative Retreat in a Delightfully...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Rose's Plunge is right across the street.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Genevieve...
Missoula, Montana
“A Truly Restorative Retreat in a Delightfully Unique Destination”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I stayed in Suite 2 at Still Water Mineral Springs in early December for three nights, as a mini getaway during a hectic time, as the weather in Montana was just beginning to turn to winter.

Upon arrival I was given a warm welcome and tour of the suite by the owner. She also left a handy packet of information on the rental, hot springs, and things to do in the town. Upon first impression, the kitchen, living room, bedroom separated by French doors, and bathroom were all spacious, immaculate, and well-lit by both natural light and tasteful lamps. From the subdued color schemes to the high-quality linens to the artful yet minimalistic decor, everything in the suite gave simultaneously the feeling of luxury and "home," a place in which one could quickly feel settled into and at peace.

Hot Springs, Montana, is a tourist destination mainly for its mineral hot springs, which many claim have powerful and restorative healing properties. I didn't know much about the science behind this, but after a few days of soaking in Symes Hot Springs Hotel, just down the street from Still Water Mineral Springs, I did feel great (as if I'd done a week of good yoga sessions). Soaking in the Symes is also an awesome experience for the curious, novelty-seekers, and people-watchers. I was astonished at the diversity of folks I encountered during my soaks, locals and travelers alike, and the conversation that ebbed and flowed throughout the day in the pools were rarely dull. For a more private soaking experience, Rose's Mineral Plunge down the street offers a single pool with fewer bells and whistles, but still plenty of character.

I spent two extremely peaceful nights by myself, spending my days soaking in the Symes down the road and basking in the comfort of the light-filled suite. Evenings I cooked in the kitchen, which came stocked with all the cookware and basics a cook might desire (there's also a great little organic grocery store in Hot Springs with VERY reasonable prices!), watched sunset from the comfortable living room couch, and read cozy by the charming gas stove.

On the third day, I was joined by a friend and we explored the town a bit. Hot Springs is, in one word, charming. Walking around town (and one can--literally--walk around the whole town!) was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Touring the quiet streets led us to interesting architecture, intriguing little shops on the main strip, and scenic views set against the mountains. Hot Spring's nightlife was sufficient for our purposes: the beer cheap and plentiful and the people welcoming. We had a drink at the Montana bar and enjoyed Thursday night trivia at Fergie's Pub & Grill.

I'm told Hot Springs also boasts great thrifting, dining, and an active arts culture, but I was content enough with my suite, kitchen, and the soaking pools that I didn't investigate these during this trip. :)

Still Water Mineral Springs was for me a perfect getaway: restful and memorable. I left feeling energized, refreshed, and eager to plan a return trip. The destination is an extremely convenient distance from Missoula (and a beautiful drive!), however this vacation rental and unique town is worth driving much farther to experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Aesthetics and functionality of the suite; quirky town; mineral baths
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
7 Jun 2016
Thanks so much, Genevieve! We loved having you here, and we hope you can come back soon.
Muir V
Seward, Alaska
“Beautiful relating getaway”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My fiance and I happened upon this hidden gem on our way south to Quinns we decided to detour to the town of hot springs and so glad we did.
New spacious rooms decorated with love and anything and everything you may have forgot at home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cozy room with everything you didn't think to bring from home
Liked least: I wish we had robes in the bathrooms for the hotsprings
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
3 Feb 2016
Thanks, you two..it was great to meet you - hope you come back on your next trip. I love it when people notice very detail and appreciate the thought we have put into the place!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing