1,070 results
All reviews silver star movie theater carroll college best westerns within walking distance hotel breakfast i highly recommend this hotel cookies hotel is located last chance gulch downtown area fresh fruit excellent stay breakfast was excellent fitness center room was spacious front desk staff
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel has spacious, well appointed rooms. The free breakfast is great. The location is good for walking to restaurants. It's across a busy road from Carroll College. There's a steak house and bar attached.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Suzanne M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are happy you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed our breakfast. Suzi, our breakfast manager does such a wonderful job even making breakfast breads from scratch. We look forward to your next stay with us when you are back in Helena.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We were driving in northern Montana in severe winter conditions on November 05,2017. We were watching the roadside bill boards for the location of the Best Western Hotel,as we were intending on staying there to build up our loyalty point. Our cell phone was nearly dead so we called the BW for directions. The operator could not tell the exit number to take and had great difficulty giving us any landmarks to guide, so we took the wrong exit, to this day we are still not sure tho! After searching for twenty minutes or so we gave up and called the BW again. As we were trying to tell the person who answered the phone our situation she put us on hold. After waiting almost 5 minutes we hung up and called back. As not only were we in unfamiliar territory, in very cold weather and icy road conditions, the cell phone was now only moments from dying and our cell pone battery charger quite working as well! Again I asked the same person not to put us on hold, as I vainly tried to keep her from putting us on hold but she did anyway! That did it, we started looking for another hotel!

Room Tip: not very hospitable to prospective guests
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Marti B, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you Wayne for providing this information to us. It sounds like you called Best Western reservations? It is a bit confusing as to if you called us directly. I do apologize that whomever you were speaking to was not able to assist you on a more timely basis and get you on the right track to our location. I understand how frustrating that can be. As you can see from our other reviews, this is not a common occurrence that we have experienced. Exit 192 is our easiest exit and comes right down on Last Chance Gulch which we are 2 blocks off of. I do hope you will consider coming to Helena on a future visit. We trust that our fellow hotels were able to provide a comfortable room for you that evening.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the Great Northen Hotel. When I made my reservation, the person I talked to told me about the BWP membership that would drop my room rate by $16. She took care of the information for me so that when I showed up my membership would be at the front desk. The front desk staff were all very nice. There was even freshly made cookies that just came out of the oven when I checked in. I love the location of this hotel as it is close to the college, restraunts, coffee shops, theater, etc.
My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the express checkout too. the next time I come to Helena, this is the place I plan on staying again.

Room Tip: Great Location to businesses and last Chanch gulch. the rooms are quiet
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Suzanne M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I love and am very happy to hear your awesome comments. We are extremely pleased you were able to utilized the express checkout option as well as become an new Best Western Rewards Member. We have also started a new program, called Mobile Platform, an online communication dashboard to hopefully have better communication. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Stayed in Helena and would recommend this hotel to anyone. I spend most of my nights when traveling (work or pleasure) at Starwood hotels. Helena, MT doesn't have one, so chose this place. It's in a convenient place where you can walk around the town, enjoy great restaurants and really experience Billings

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Marti B, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you! You really can get the flavor of our City of Helena from our hotel. The Capital city has much history to take in - no matter what time of the year you visit. Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The staff and facility are excellent. The newly remodeled rooms on the third floor are well done and esthetically pleasing. Its nice being within walking distance of things to do in between meetings. The breakfast is always great, but the baked French toast was awesome! Marti and her crew never fail to provide great accommodations.

Room Tip: I like staying on the northwest end of the third floor only because I enjoy seeing the lights of the carousel from my window.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Marti B, General Manager at Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear mtkim66 - thank you for your compliments. We do take great pride in our staff and our property. We are a team and we want to provide the very best hospitality! See you again soon!