“Low Key Stay”
Review of Quality Inn Helena

Quality Inn Helena
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I had a three night stay at this hotel recently. It's an older property that has been updated with tasteful decorations and all of the right amenities.... nothing fancy, but comfortable nonetheless. It was interesting to look at the newer hotels with their packed parking lots, but honestly, I don't know if they have anything over this hotel. It seemed to have fewer guests than I expected for summertime (much to the discouragement of the owners, I'm sure), but I loved the low key stay, without having kids run up and down the hallways and not having to wait my turn for a breakfast table in the morning.

It is very close to an I-15 interchange, the Helena airport, and some local shopping (KMart is in their backyard). I was afraid that I might hear road noise, but with the windows closed, it was generally very quiet. The road leading up the hotel doesn't seem like a city street, but don't let that be a discouragement. One thing that impressed me was the number of outlets in the room. It is getting hard to find outlets in newer rooms when I am trying to plug in a tablet, cell phone, computer, and clothes iron. This hotel had them! Equally important, I found my room to be one of the cleanest I have seen (other than they skipped me one day). But all in all, it was a very nice stay and fit my needs perfectly.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing KMart, which is away from the Interstate highway.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Just needed a place to sleep on the road between glacier and Yellowstone. Welcome sight right off the interstate. The hotel isn't great but it's a place to rest your head and amazingly quiet for so close to the interstate. The rooms are plenty spacious and clean. The place is a little worn but ok for an overnight. Breakfast was a little sparse but there is a Perkins across the street. The beds aren't the most comfortable but they are better than some I've stayed in before. The staff was the shining point to this location. All very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank dwightd1
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Wife and I stopped for the night enroute to Glacier National Park. Lobby was attractive and inviting, front desk person was personable and room was spacious and clean. Would have preferred the actual room had been arranged differently, since the TV faced the one side of the bed and not the foot. Made viewing while sitting/lying on the bed difficult without getting a stiff neck. Having a spouse with mobility issues made the lack of handicapped parking spaces out front and issue - only one designated spot at the front of the property (elevator made it a bit easier). Breakfast eating area was small (only 4 tables located there), BUT the waffles were excellent. Good over-all value for the price !! Although our room faced the Interstate, we were not impacted by the noise being generated by traffic outside.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016

THIs hotel is a good place to stay for the price. Nothing fancy, but I could tell they had replaced the carpet not that long ago. It was very quiet when we stayed and the rooms were spacious and clean. They do have a microwave and refrigerator in each room, and the windows opened so we could let in fresh air as the room smelled a little stale due to the humid weather. The hotel has a fitness center on the first floor, a guest laundry, but no swimming pool. I would like to give this hotel three and a half stars only because they did not have much of a breakfast. The gentleman at the front desk was very sweet and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank TLD64
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

This place was awful! I stay in hotels all over USA and Canada for work and I have stayed in some pretty yuck places and this place is in the bottom 5. Shower is soooo gross. Wait... The whole bathroom in general is disgusting. I found bugs in the bed. Was moldy food left in the fridge.
Even tho this hotel is right off the interstate I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business