“Most knowledgeable fly shop at Yellowstone ”
Review of Parks' Fly Shop

Parks' Fly Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Gardiner
More attraction details
Owner description: Parks' Fly Shop is a full-service fly shop and fly fishing outfitter that has been serving southwest Montana, the Yellowstone River, and Yellowstone National Park since 1953, under continuous Parks family ownership. We are a small "old-fashioned" shop focusing on our region-specific guide service, a large selection of area-specific fly patterns (around 45% designed and/or produced locally), and outfitting anglers for the Yellowstone region. In addition to our fly tackle, we stock conventional fishing gear, bear spray, binoculars and spotting scopes, apparel, and various other odds and ends. You may also be interested in the Gardiner Guesthouse, our affilated B&B, owned by Richard and Nancy Parks.Please check the How-To section of our website or contact us for plenty of free information on fishing the Yellowstone area that will help make your trip a success, whether you're fishing on your own for an afternoon or with our guides for a week.
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a week of fishing Yellowstone Park and as usual spent most mornings starting at Park's. There are fancier fly shops with more merchandise but you will not find one with more knowledge and fly selection than Park's. The guides and shop personnel are terrific. If you are fishing Yellowstone Park or surrounding areas, this is the fly shop you shouldn't miss. By the way , Ben is awesome if he happens to be there when you stop.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

If you plan to visit Gardiner, Montana... book a float trip with Ben Jewel. My dad & I just went fly fishing on the Yellowstone River with Ben in his float boat. There's no other guide like him.. he loves his job & you will clearly see when you're on the river that he is the best. You'll see other guide trip customers across the river wishing they were you! He works the hardest, knows all the good spots, & loves what he does.. we had a 40-50 fish day! I learned more in 8 hours than I have in the past 2 years. This was an incredible experience, & I'd recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Walter Wiese' knowledge and patience are incredible. I had modest experience fly fishing, but Walt had to unlearn some previous habits in addition to teaching more productive ones. He shared his considerable knowledge in a quiet and unobtrusive way. He focused on the habits of trout, and their behavior, and on the ways of the streams. He worked on flies and made changes as he read the water and fish, and explained it all as he went along. He repeated casting fundamentals, and helped teach me to read the patterns in the streams that promised fish. And, the trout were almost always there. Great experience! I highly recommend it! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Park's has a "beginner's trip" for new fly fishermen. I used this service to introduce my grandson Canyon to a sport I love. The guide, Ben Jewell, was terrific. We hiked in to a remote stretch of a river in Yellowstone Park that was full of willing brookies and got very little pressure. I never strung up my fly rod. Canyon caught and released over a dozen and a half trout, all on the same fly! He was just ecstatic. And so was I. I've been in Park's on previous trips, and used YouTube videos put out by Park's to tie their favorite flies. A great resource. A great shop.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We spent a day with Bart flyfishing the Yellowstone. He is extremely knowledgeable with this difficult sport. We learned a lot and most importantly caught fish. We would definitely do it again!

Been to Parks' Fly Shop? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK