“Great fly fishing experience”
Review of Parks' Fly Shop

Parks' Fly Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Gardiner
More attraction details
Owner description: Parks' Fly Shop is a full-service fly shop and fly fishing outfitter that has been serving southwest Montana, the Yellowstone River, and Yellowstone National Park since 1953, under continuous Parks family ownership. We are a small "old-fashioned" shop focusing on our region-specific guide service, a large selection of area-specific fly patterns (around 45% designed and/or produced locally), and outfitting anglers for the Yellowstone region. In addition to our fly tackle, we stock conventional fishing gear, bear spray, binoculars and spotting scopes, apparel, and various other odds and ends. You may also be interested in the Gardiner Guesthouse, our affilated B&B, owned by Richard and Nancy Parks.Please check the How-To section of our website or contact us for plenty of free information on fishing the Yellowstone area that will help make your trip a success, whether you're fishing on your own for an afternoon or with our guides for a week.
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Walter Wiese' knowledge and patience are incredible. I had modest experience fly fishing, but Walt had to unlearn some previous habits in addition to teaching more productive ones. He shared his considerable knowledge in a quiet and unobtrusive way. He focused on the habits of trout, and their behavior, and on the ways of the streams. He worked on flies and made changes as he read the water and fish, and explained it all as he went along. He repeated casting fundamentals, and helped teach me to read the patterns in the streams that promised fish. And, the trout were almost always there. Great experience! I highly recommend it! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"equipment"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Park's has a "beginner's trip" for new fly fishermen. I used this service to introduce my grandson Canyon to a sport I love. The guide, Ben Jewell, was terrific. We hiked in to a remote stretch of a river in Yellowstone Park that was full of willing brookies and got very little pressure. I never strung up my fly rod. Canyon caught and released over a dozen and a half trout, all on the same fly! He was just ecstatic. And so was I. I've been in Park's on previous trips, and used YouTube videos put out by Park's to tie their favorite flies. A great resource. A great shop.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We spent a day with Bart flyfishing the Yellowstone. He is extremely knowledgeable with this difficult sport. We learned a lot and most importantly caught fish. We would definitely do it again!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We went as a family of 4to learn how to fly fish and all ended up loving it!
My daughter 6 years old and I went with Rob. We floated down the river. He was so patient with both my daughter and I. We had a wonderful day with him. I think it was my favorite day out of our three week vacation in the national parks!
Mr Park is a gem! That's all I can say! The man oozes kindness and my kids fell in love with him. He was great helping my son pick out flies... Absolutely made his day and treated him so nicely and educated him about fly fishing. My son left that day saying.. " I want to be a professional fly fisherman when I grow up"
We all had a lovely day on the river. Wally took my son and husband out. They had an equally super day.