“Beginner Fly Fishing Adventure”
Review of Parks' Fly Shop

Parks' Fly Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Gardiner
More attraction details
Owner description: Parks' Fly Shop is a full-service fly shop and fly fishing outfitter that has been serving southwest Montana, the Yellowstone River, and Yellowstone National Park since 1953, under continuous Parks family ownership. We are a small "old-fashioned" shop focusing on our region-specific guide service, a large selection of area-specific fly patterns (around 45% designed and/or produced locally), and outfitting anglers for the Yellowstone region. In addition to our fly tackle, we stock conventional fishing gear, bear spray, binoculars and spotting scopes, apparel, and various other odds and ends. You may also be interested in the Gardiner Guesthouse, our affilated B&B, owned by Richard and Nancy Parks.Please check the How-To section of our website or contact us for plenty of free information on fishing the Yellowstone area that will help make your trip a success, whether you're fishing on your own for an afternoon or with our guides for a week.
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

While traveling to Yellowstone for a family vacation I wanted to check fly fishing off my bucket list. Neither me or my 17 and 12 year old boys had been fly fishing before. Our guide, Ben, made sure we got to a stream that guaranteed fish. He was great in working with all of us on technique. In particular he worked with my 12 year old, who absolutely loves to fish, in order to make sure he had a great experience. On a half day trip the three of us caught 76 small to mid sized brook trout, and we all learned the basics of fly fishing. Be sure to ask for Ben when you book your trip. He was awesome!

2  Thank Richard N
"knowledge"
"casting"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I was un-sure, at first, about signing up to do an all day fly fishing trip on the Yellowstone river. The trip in June 2016 was a WONDERFUL experience & totally worth the $$. Not only was my guide Ben professional, but was an awesome teacher in showing me things I did not know about dry fly fishing. I've fly fished for most of my life, but walked away with so much more. I would recommend anyone considering a trip to connect with Park Fly Shop.

1  Thank dmc-plc
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Great location, lots of fishing equipment, ready made or custom flies, guided expeditions available, and they are open 7 days a week.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Really helpful and knowledgable. Richards Parks has lived here for years and what he doesn't know you can write on the back of a postage stamp.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Bart and Richard are extremely knowledgeable, receptive, helpful. They gave solid recommendations on where to go to catch trout -- and they were 100% correct. They were patient with first time fly fishermen in the region -- spent a great deal of time with us. Gave very helpful advice. Well stocked store with both retail and rentable equipment for both adults and children. Guide service available.

Been to Parks' Fly Shop? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK