“All day fly fishing trip”
Review of Parks' Fly Shop

Parks' Fly Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Gardiner
More attraction details
Owner description: Parks' Fly Shop is a full-service fly shop and fly fishing outfitter that has been serving southwest Montana, the Yellowstone River, and Yellowstone National Park since 1953, under continuous Parks family ownership. We are a small "old-fashioned" shop focusing on our region-specific guide service, a large selection of area-specific fly patterns (around 45% designed and/or produced locally), and outfitting anglers for the Yellowstone region. In addition to our fly tackle, we stock conventional fishing gear, bear spray, binoculars and spotting scopes, apparel, and various other odds and ends. You may also be interested in the Gardiner Guesthouse, our affilated B&B, owned by Richard and Nancy Parks.Please check the How-To section of our website or contact us for plenty of free information on fishing the Yellowstone area that will help make your trip a success, whether you're fishing on your own for an afternoon or with our guides for a week.
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I was un-sure, at first, about signing up to do an all day fly fishing trip on the Yellowstone river. The trip in June 2016 was a WONDERFUL experience & totally worth the $$. Not only was my guide Ben professional, but was an awesome teacher in showing me things I did not know about dry fly fishing. I've fly fished for most of my life, but walked away with so much more. I would recommend anyone considering a trip to connect with Park Fly Shop.

1  Thank dmc-plc
in 2 reviews
"equipment"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Great location, lots of fishing equipment, ready made or custom flies, guided expeditions available, and they are open 7 days a week.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Really helpful and knowledgable. Richards Parks has lived here for years and what he doesn't know you can write on the back of a postage stamp.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Bart and Richard are extremely knowledgeable, receptive, helpful. They gave solid recommendations on where to go to catch trout -- and they were 100% correct. They were patient with first time fly fishermen in the region -- spent a great deal of time with us. Gave very helpful advice. Well stocked store with both retail and rentable equipment for both adults and children. Guide service available.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

I've been going to Yellowstone National Park for the last six years and Parks Fly Shop Gardiner has always provided me with great advice ,great guides and the best local flies available. They can tailor your adventures to the most skilled flyfishing person to a novice. Their local knowledge of where to go and what fly to use is unsurpassed. Definitely if it's your first time in the park use one of their very knowledgeable guy that will get you more fish and make you a better flyfishing person than when you started. This fly shop is always my first stop when I arrive in Gardiner to get the most accurate lowdown of what happening in the park.

Been to Parks' Fly Shop? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK