“LOCATION was great, park was okay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Rocky Mountain RV Park and Cabins
Seattle, WA
“LOCATION was great, park was okay.”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

As other reviewers noted, you can hardly beat the proximity to Yellowstone's North entrance - you can see Roosevelt Arch from there. However, I must agree with the tone of the service we received. Having read the reviews, I was cautious with the management and prepared for a lot of rudeness. They were polite, however. The woman staffing the counter was rather withdrawn and guarded, certainly not welcoming. The "golf cart guy," who I was really careful to not annoy, was actually pretty nice. He was patient helping us with backing into the spot. It was a bit inconvenient to have the restrooms and showers (and laundry) a steep hike downhill - something that doesn't show up on the site map. They didn't complain about our carpet mat we had out on the grass next to our trailer, which is against the stated rules. We realized our error and quit using it. Really, the campground was so clean there was no need. The grass at our site was lush and neatly trimmed. Also, our site was pretty comfortably large. There are a lot of rules here - no clotheslines, no tents, etc - which I understand, they want to keep it looking neat. I think we gave them pause about our freestanding clothes-drying rack I had under our awning though. ("Now, IS that a clothesline, or not??") We stayed here six days while we enjoyed Yellowstone - it worked great for that. No pool, not much of a camp store. In my opinion having a "Christmas Shop" was a silly waste of space that could've been much better used selling things of use to RV campers. I guess I wouldn't rule OUT staying there again...but plenty of room for improvement.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Seattleites-on-vac
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bryson City, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Location, Location, Location....that is the ONLY thing this park has in its favor. The few "good" view spots could see the Yellowstone entrance. The sites are incredibly narrow. If I opened the window of my slider, I could touch my neighbor's awning. Also, the park is very noisy...not from traffic, but from dogs, and kids, and noise bleed from neighboring rigs. We could hear our neigbor's full conversation, as well as hear them sneeze and cough. Then there are the people leaving at 5ish in the morning to tour the Park for wildlife. Ear plugs are a requirement!

Whatever you do, do NOT get a spot on the lower level. THese sites are even more narrow and are continually blocked in by arriving RVs.

The WiFi is "ok". On our last day, it went up and down several times. I had to call the office as the IP address was not found.

While the laundry room is large, it is not the cleanest. It freaked me out to see a mouse running across the floor!

Also, the staff is not very knowledgeable of the area. They couldn't (or wouldn't) recommend a town restaurant for a burger, fries, and a beer!

This park is very pricy; I guess you have to pay for the location. Although the campround on the river just North of town is considerably cheaper.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank itchyfeetx2
Reviewed 14 July 2010

From the moment I exited my motorhome I was hit with sarcastic questions and comments from some man in a golf cart. Examples "may we ask what you are doing?" Though he was alone - royal plural? "you obviously don't know what your doing" - referring to the fact that I parked outside of the apparently normal loop, despite the fact that the other side was full (his golf cart was also blocking it), there was a sign pointing in the direction I took (which said "pull up to stop"), and there were other people parked in the same place. And when I stated that I thought I would leave I was told that was "probably best". I'd rather drive my motorhome into the river than stay here. Save yourself from the verbal abuse and Spartan accommodations (it's basically a gravel parking lot with far too little room for larger rigs - say 34ft or larger) and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank shanons
Gardiner Montana
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I stopped to inquire about the cost for a night's stay at the Rocky Mountain RV Park. The woman was rude to me. I couldn't believe people like this can own an RV Park.

There is another RV Park at the north edge of town called Yellowstone RV.. They were very friendly and helpful, plus they were $20.00 dollars cheaper for a nicer place!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MontanaRider
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 11 November 2009

While touring Yellowstone National Park my boyrfriend and I stopped to look around this RV park "for next time", since we had already chosen to stay at Yellowstone's Edge RV Park in Livingston, MT. This campground is obviously much closer to the park entrance, but once inside we were promptly chased down by a crotchety old man in a golf cart who demanded to know "what we were doing there". When we told him he said that the park was for guests only, and basically we should get out!

Ok, on the positive side the security here is great and nothing will happen to your stuff while you're out for the day.... But who wants to be treated this way on vacation??? If you're trying to find a place to park your rig on the north side, go check out Yellowstone's Edge instead -- we LOVED it there and it was so worth the extra (very scenic) drive!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Heather E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
1.2 km away
1.2 km away
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
6.2 km away
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
0.1 km away
Yellowstone's Absaroka Lodge
0.7 km away
Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Rocky Mountain RV Park and Cabins? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK