All reviews hot tub gallatin river riverside room continental breakfast adirondack chairs granola back porch trout pond cookies rooms are amazing big sky area wedding party stone fireplace beautiful place fine dining winter wonderland rain shower
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Last summer my husband and I spent one night in one of their pondside luxury rooms. The interior of this particular room is beyond description, it is so nice. I have never stayed in a room with such a large and luxurious bathroom. That said, the view from the patio is of a pond. Okay. We had problems and the manager more than made up for it. So, last week, we stayed there two more nights, but this time, we stayed in one of their riverside rooms. The room has a small deck with two Adirondack chairs, steps away from the Gallatin River. Like the pondside room, it too has a wood-burning fireplace. However, the riverside rooms are in need of remodeling, especially the bathrooms. The vanity is single-sink, low, and with a laminate, not granite, counter top. The couch upholstery was torn in two places. Riverside rooms are around $250 per night, and in my opinion, not worth the cost. Lodging includes a full, complimentary breakfast, and is very, very nice. The grounds are lovely. Keurig coffee makers and refrigerators in rooms, some have microwaves, some not. They also have a nice restaurant on premises, though not open year round. I would return here, but I would not stay in the riverside room until the rooms are remodeled. The location is pretty good as it is not very far from Big Sky for skiing, shopping, and dining. It is about 35-40 minutes from West Yellowstone entrance.

Room Tip: Request Prairie Dog room if staying in riverside room. If you want a really nice room, stay in pondside room; worth every penny.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
rainbowranch2016, General Manager at Rainbow Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for your review! We do understand that our riverside rooms are a little out dated but hope you enjoyed the proximity to the river and had a chance to light a fire and relax and unwind. We are looking to remodel those rooms in the near future but I do appreciate your critique. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

After our disappointing stay at Jackson Lake Lodge, we were a little iffy about how our next stop would be. We'd picked Rainbow Ranch Lodge because Yellowstone lodging wasn't open for the season yet, or was booked up.
We needn't have worried. All three of our rooms were top notch. We had the Prairie Dog, Pronghorn and Porcupine rooms. That side of the ranch is closer to the river and absolutely beautiful. Fireplaces in the rooms, already laid and ready to light. Spotless rooms, each with a small back porch with chairs to overlook the river. I'm sure the rooms on the other side are just as nice, but they're a little farther from the river and overlook the trout pond. The grounds were beautifully manicured and the main lodge was lovely. We arrived too early in the season to enjoy the dining room, however, the breakfast each morning was beautifully laid out and delicious. We were directed to a local restaurant nearby and enjoyed some of the best bar-b-q we've ever tasted.
They were doing some upgrades, so unfortunately our jet tubs weren't operational, however there is a hot tub on sight. Would be beautiful location for a destination wedding.
All 3 couples in our party are planning return trips!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S

Hi Lisa!

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We make it our mission here at The Rainbow to WOW our guests at every turn. I am so very happy you and your friends had a great stay with us and I hope to see you all again soon. We will be opening our restaurant earlier next year as an FYI on May 13th, closing November 1st. Our winter season runs from December 15th through April 1st as well.

Rainbow Ranch Lodge

Reviewed 28 May 2017

The grounds of this property are gorgeous. The river runs behind the property. The hot tub is great!
Our room was tight for 2 beds but we made the best of it.
Disappointed that the restaurant wasn't open...even more so because there isnt a nice place near by..Just a few bar/tavern places.
Breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
rainbowranch2016, General Manager at Rainbow Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your review. Please come back after June 1st when our restaurant does open! It is amazing. We are listening to our guests and have increased our restaurant schedule going forward. We will be opening our restaurant next year on May 13th, and closing November 1st. I appreciate you staying with us and I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We were in the area to see Yellowstone and Grand Tetons and found this beautiful resort to stay at. They had a wedding setting up when we arrived. There are some really good BBQ places to eat in the area. The resort was rustic and had a classic feel. The views were gorgeous and grounds well maintained. Breakfast was included and delicious. We will definitely stay there again in the future. Would highly recommend to others considering the area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am glad you had such an amazing experience with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of incredible properties all over the world and none meet the friendliness of the people at Rainbow Ranch. We arrived early and left our bags at the front desk while we went for a ride and they as the bags in the room waiting for us when we got back. They offered a cup of tea as we came in and the continental breakfast was absolutely delightful. We used the hot tub and relaxed that evening and got the best night sleep I'd had in years. I would recommend this place to anyone and we will likely be back!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Hi There!

Thank you for your amazing review! I am glad you had the ability to stay with us and catch up on some lost sleep! Come back and see us again.