My boyfriend and I, after a LOT of research, determined that our first time to Montana should be at the Rainbow Ranch. We were looking forward to this trip and had high expectations that were totally exceeded.
Firstly, the pictures do not do the place justice....it sits on a quiet stretch of highway but nestled back in the mountains on the river. Spectacular views, gorgeous rooms. We splurged on the Ermine Suite (I highly recommend it!), but I think you can't go wrong staying anywhere here. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
Check in was a breeze, room ready with music and cookies - clean and perfect. Breakfast is Continental but you can absolutely fill up on it - great granola and homemade muffins, scones and quiche (met the woman that bakes it and she was very sweet). We were there during shoulder season, and it was a bit quiet but you'd never know it by the service. They laid everything out as if the place was totally full.
I think that really speaks to the Rainbow Ranch, top service and little touches at all times. Don't forgo shoulder season - it's wonderful there! The restaurant was closed when we were there but they open it for guests and what a treat! Pricey...but the best meal we had in Montana (seriously - excellent). Emily did a great job of making us feel comfortable and when the picture she took of us at the table didn't come out well due to backlight, she suggested we take it outside on the deck.
One morning I was taking breakfast from the main lodge back to our room and I believe it was Molly who came running out to help me carry it! I was ok but how incredibly nice. Are you getting the picture of this place? Fireplaces I believe in every room and they set them up daily for you (and our room had THREE!).
Perfect location too...easy drive to Big Sky Town Center and also to Yellowstone. Montana at its best. We were a couple, were next door to a single traveler and saw other couples and families and EVERYONE seemed to be having a great time.
I can't say enough good things about the memories this place created for us. FIVE STARS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge is an intimate twenty-one room hotel and gourmet restaurant located on the banks of the Gallatin River in Big Sky, Montana. Whether riverside or pondside, accommodations at Rainbow Ranch Lodge provide a sanctuary for post-adventure relaxing or a romantic getaway for two. Located in a sweeping valley in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's location is ideal for both summer and winter activities. Our proximity to Yellowstone National Park affords our guests endless opportunities for outdoor adventure and exploration, including world-class fly fishing, horseback riding, hiking, whitewater rafting, and kayaking. Whether you choose an experienced local guide service or venture out on your own, the breathtakingly rugged, natural beauty of southwest Montana will restore and rejuvenate your senses. One of the top 10 winter destinations in North America, the Big Sky area offers a variety of winters activities including downhill skiing at Big Sky Resort, Moonlight Basin and Lone Mountain Ranch, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, and winter fly fishing. If your winter preferences lean more towards comfort and warmth, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's spa services and luxurious guest rooms provide the perfect alternative to a day spent outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Rainbow Ranch Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Ranch Montana