“Great stay at a great price!”
Review of Circle R Motel

Circle R Motel
Sequim, Washington
“Great stay at a great price!”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have stayed here a few times and they have done some improvements. They enclosed the front of the new building and it is much warmer and quieter. The room was large and the bed was good! Microwave, TV, Fridge all worked. No internet! I found it clean and livable. Yes, there is a boil water order that you have to watch out for! I had water with me, plus I filled my water bottles from the water cooler in the hallway.
What you get for the price and location is good! This is the only place I have stayed more than one time in East Glacier. The others left me feeling short changed and not rested. They are open year round and that is good because most of the other places shut down. So I stay here if I can because they live there and don't just show up to harvest the summer money! They are also always trying to improve and you can see it over the years.
If you are looking for upscale. Stay somewhere else if you can find it.
Yes! Sometimes you have to track them down to get a room!
Call ahead and ask all the questions for your needs. Get the name of who you talked too.
I ask for ground floor - king - new building - microwave and fridge!
Ask about special rates! If you make a reservation and I recommend you do, There is a 72-hour cancellation notice, so make sure you are going to land in East Glacier for the night. A few times I have had to go all the way to Whitefish to get a room because I didn't plan ahead.
If you stay here keep in mind that a little planing and preparation in in order!
It's a bit rustic! Embrace it! You are in Montana!

( When you travel in this part of Montana make sure your gas tank is full, carry food and water, warm clothes and blankets, flashlight and matches. Be prepared! )

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank LightingBolts
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed in the old section of the motel, which we would not recommend. The owners were very accomodating and friendly, even attempted to help us find other lodging. The motel was full, so we were unable to look at the newer rooms.

Room Tip: See if there are rooms available in the new section.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BethH409

Travellers are raving about these East Glacier Park hotels

Big Sky, MT
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Arrived around 7:00 to find a sign on the door advising us to call a number to check in, which we did and got voicemail and left a message. After about 20 minutes, I was growing wary, but not to worry.

My wife checked in with no problems. The manager was apparently in the hotel cleaning rooms, hence the note. It was the last weekend for GTTS road in Glacier and they were busier than anticipated. I can certainly sympathize--I've been there.

I have to admit we were a little apprehensive, given some of the reviews, but our room was more than fine. Absolutely spotless and newly remodeled. New paint, carpets, satellite TV and micro/fridge. Pillows were the only real detractor, and a minor one at that. Roomy vanity area outside bathroom, while not exactly spacious was more than sufficient.

We were on the upper floor, south end of building. I don't know if there is a difference between the rooms in this building and the smaller building near the office, but our room was quite clean and comfortable, and staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank docbigsky
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Reading some of the earlier reviews, we were very skeptical about this hotel but it turned out to be great. We had to book this place as all other places were already booked. We were given a room on the first floor which looked like it was newly furnished. I am not very sure about the rooms on ground floor though. We had opted for 2 queen beds. The room had all amenities including a mini fridge, micro wave, nice TV, hair dryer and an iron board. It was clean and bed was really confortable. The AC worked great as well. With the cost of other hotels in the same area I must say that we got a very good deal. I would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our room was great, but it was in the newer section. I heard from one of the other visitors, that although his room was $30 cheaper then ours, that it was not a very great room. We needed two queen beds, so maybe that is why we had the newer section, I don't know.

The room was brand new remodeled, and very very clean. It was the only room in town, I was told, except for the grand lodge, that had air conditioning. It was needed when we were there. If you can afford the Grand lodge there, is seems pretty nice, but expensive.

No breakfast of any kind, but that was ok. Hotels in the air are pricey, we paid $100 a night, and I think that was pretty average for that area, except for a few low class places, that were not very good. We took a look at the Sears hotel when trying to find a room and trust me . . . don't waste your time checking that one out! Bad!!!

I didn't think the guy working the office was very nice, but oh well, we didn't have to deal with him, once we checked in.

I would choose this place again, as long as it was not the cabin type of rooms that seemed rather dumpy.

Oh and if you think you want to travel further down the road to St. Mary . . . be very very careful. There isn't much there. We stayed at a place called Red Eagle which is owned by the sister of this owner here. IT WAS THE WORSE PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED IN MY LIFE. OMG, These two places were day and night different. (see the review we left there!!)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
0.8 km away
Mountain Pine Motel
Mountain Pine Motel
#1 of 6 in East Glacier Park

Been to Circle R Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK