“Lovely food and friendly staff”

Fajitas Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Moreton
Reviewed 15 February 2017

On a dark, cold and miserable Monday evening my wife and I decided to have a taste of Mexico in Moreton and go to Fajitas.
This was our first visit and we were made very welcome. The décor was very authentic and I love the open kitchen where you could see what was being cooked and get the sounds and beautiful smells of the food which adds to the experience. It also had a cute little bar area upstairs for none dinner or for customers just to sit before or after their meal.
The whole meal from starter, mains and desert was fantastic. Particularly the meat balls in a stunning sauce which were probably one of the best I have tasted.
Talking to the chef, it was quite clear he is very proud of this restaurant, and so he should be!
It is certainly worth a visit. Good value authentic food, drink and plenty of it.
We will be going again very soon.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Came here a few weeks ago for what I hoped to be a good night.
I cannot fault the food. I had chicken fajitas and the portion as always was big enough for 2 (I toOK some home and had it the next day for dinner which was equally dekicious)
We have had over the months quite a few dishes from here and all have been sublime.
But here is were I'm a bit confused. We have always came here for not just the food but there service. We felt like we usually laugh from the minute we get in till we go. This time we were treated very differently indeed.
Greeted by a young man no smile whon actually looked very flustered. Was sweating and wiping his for head with his hand like he was nervous. Were seated and then greeted by a tall blonde girl who walked over and just looked at us akwardky not even asking what we wanted. In the end I said would you like to take drinks in which she nodded. I asked what was in a certain cocktail in which she replied she didn't no. Once the gorgeous food arrived I asked for extra sour cream for my fajitas to which the young man said yes but looked like it was a bother to him. We like to make the most of our time out (while the children are at the grandparents) but felt they couldn't wait to get us out. Just no engagement with the customers. Also there was a hair across my wraps which I'm guessing belonged to the dark haired waitress whose hair was just in a pony tail not tied back. Didn't say anything g as was only on the top wrap so just didn't eat that one and didn't want to mae her feel embarrassed. I just don't no how a place's atmosphere can flip completely. Last time we were in there was a lady serving us (don't no her name but she had tattoos) who was the complete opposite so welcoming and even had us up dancing with the hats on. And a waiter with a beard who also had us smiling.
So over view is food 10/10
Service 1/10
Think in future I will order take away or ring up to see if the other tattooed girl (as we call her) is in.
Feel a bit deflated if I'm honest.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

First and last time in this restaurant food tasted a bit like boiled beef not fried, so not great for fajitas, service was good but the food simply wasn't up to it.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

1 star as 0 isn't an option!
Booked a table online for 8 people, turned up and was fobbed off with an excuse about having no internet connection "today". Waiter that greeted us was rude and laughed when we said we booked online, he was unable to make eye contact and walked away when questioned. The owner came to speak to us and we were told we could have a table with an hour and fifteen minute wait with nowhere to sit for a drink. Don't bother, go to Chimichanga in New Brighton or Chester where you can expect good service!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Jack O
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our meals but the cocktails were expensive for the size of them. We would go back as food was beautiful but maybe choose less pricey drinks

Date of visit: December 2016