“Noisy Machinery”

Residence Inn Bozeman
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
“Noisy Machinery”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this property many times since it opened its doors as Bozeman is the airport we use and frequently have to stay overnight there because of our flights and the long distance to our home. We have always been extremely pleased with the property itself and the staff. HOWEVER, I had a reservation there for four days for a 2-room suite (Room 201) due to the fact that I was having foot surgery and needed to stay over in Bozeman to see the doctor for a post-op appointment. At 5:30 a.m. I was awakened by some piece of equipment that turned on outside the window. It ran for 5 minutes then shut down. Five minutes later it started up again. After repeating this a few times I started making notes as to the start-up and shut-down times of this very noisy piece of machinery. Five minutes on. Five minutes off. Exactly. For one hour until 6:30 a.m. On my way to my surgery appointment I mentioned this problem to the person at the desk and they moved me to another room. No problem at all there. That is not the issue.

We normally ask for the back side of the hotel for our room, but there was one time before that we were put in this same hallway and had exactly the same problem. I complained about it that time also. It's very difficult for me to believe that the management doesn't know about this problem and hasn't done something to fix it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank grasshoppermt
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Wyoming
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stay here several times a year when visiting Bozeman and on stopovers to Big Sky to ski. Our family loves the 2BR suites, which are perfect for our family of five. This stay just was not up to previous ones.

I could write that it was just a one-time bad experience, and maybe it was, but there were several things that went wrong.

Our room just seemed to need some work and this is not an old hotel. The showers were not super clean and we were not happy to see old towels from the previous occupant hanging in the bathroom on the back of the door. The shampoos and lotions in both bathrooms had been used (not empty) and not replaced. The room had been serviced and bed changed but those other little things were overlooked. After our first night we returned to our room in the evening and our room had not even been serviced. I walked down to the front desk and they noted it, apologized and gave us some fresh towels for the morning. We did receive a call from the head of housekeeping in the morning apologizing profusely. We were supposed to stay aother night but decided to head home a day early.

Upon check-out we had an AmEx gift card that specifically can be used at that hotel and they could not figure out how to apply it and after 20 minutes we said forget it and just paid. We had friends staying at the hotel at the same time and they also commented on the rooms and even that there seemed to be less breakfast items than before. The Thur night dinner of bbq sandwiches was really dinky. In other Residence Inn's we've stayed in they offer soft drinks and beer as well as a decent spread during the "dinner" hours.

Overall, just a big disappointment.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I left my dress pants in my room and they "couldn't find them!" Even though I am a Platinum member and love Marriott; I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank World12345
Hawaii
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed one night here while on a quick roadtrip to visit Bannack and the Museum there in Bozeman. The hotel was very easy to find and there are places to eat very close. The room was nice. We used the heated indoor pool the next morning. The breakfast was ok, very limited seating and a breakfast attendant who was very annoyed to be there and made it clear, but overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Free WiFi and hot breakfast is enough to make me stay here. We stayed on our way back from Yellowtone NP and got the relaxation we wanted. If you plan to cook, Target, Costco are nearby. There are two TVs, one in bedroom and one in the living room. They have a shuttle to the Airport too. Overall very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family