All reviews waffles cucumber water mountain view large hot tub car wash main lobby nice breakfast gas station cookies convenience store frontage road continental breakfast great pool reception area biscuits and gravy have stayed here several times train tracks
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We usually choose name brand hoping for dependability. But MountainView Lodge caught my attention, I liked the appearance. And the price was great, I read several reviews and decided to go for it. We were nervous, we knew we were taking a chance. When we arrived we were thrilled, MountainView Lodge exceeded our expectations! It has that rustic decor, that we love. We selected a room with a fireplace and spa bath. Our fireplace didn't work, the manager tried to fix it. It was a nice evening and we wanted it more for ambience than anything, so although disappointed, it was okay. We felt well cared for. And we were given compensation since we couldn't use the fireplace. Our room was very clean and our bed comfortable. We will definitely make this our hotel of choice when we stay in Bozeman!

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I found this hotel on TA at 11:30 PM while driving in a September snowstorm. The price was right and I was so pleased to see a beautiful and extremely well maintained hotel. The manager, Kerri, makes this place special. She was so welcoming and you could see how hard she worked to make this hotel the best it can be. The room was large, clean, and comfortable; the bed just right. Instant hot water in the bathroom. The breakfast was a cut above most hotel breakfasts, with eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc. There is a lovely swimming pool and a small but serviceable fitness room. Free wifi with a password.

Kerri let me check out a few minutes late and then stay to get some work done in the spacious and well-appointed lobby. Best of all, when I asked if she had an old pillow she would sell me for my upcoming camping trip, she just gave me one - and it wasn't really old, and she put clean pillowcases on it for me.

I highly recommend the MountainView for anyone staying in Bozeman.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed at MountView Lodge for 7 nights while on a 10 day trip. The other nights were spent in Yellowstone. The rooms were comfortable, the service excellent (the manager Teja deserves our special thanks), and the pool area was a cut above with it's lodge like exposed wood. Breakfast was adequate if a bit repetitive on a long stay.

The hotel is frequented by travellers to Yellowstone in the summer (the loding prices in Yellowstone are extremely pricey) so we often had the pool to ourselves in the morning.

Overall an excellent value when visiting Bozeman and vicinity.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t understand how this hotel has gotten so many good reviews on Trip Advisor. It is a noisy, poorly maintained economy motel (that charges mid-price rates, not economy rates). The good: friendly reception staff, adequate cleanliness. The bad: everything else. As others have mentioned, loud freight trains pass within yards of the hotel, blowing their horns at 2:00am, 3:00am, etc., the air conditioning units are poorly maintained and incredibly loud, the breakfast is made up entirely of highly processed “ersatz” foods (what ARE those things that were supposed to be egg, really?). Not a fresh food in sight, not even an apple or banana, and they have no one looking after the breakfast- they ran out of coffee, cups, and yogurt, and would only replace them if a guest noticed and asked for more at reception.

Other issues not mentioned in current reviews include cheap, scratchy sheets that are uncomfortable to sleep on, cheap, worn out thin blankets that are too short to cover your shoulders, and cheap pillows so worn out that they’re hard and flat. There were 5 pillows in the room, and not one of them was in a useable state. I woke up with such a bad headache from those pillows that I actually went to Bed Bath and Beyond to purchase one for my own use, something I’ve never had to do on a vacation before!

We were scheduled to return to this hotel prior to leaving the area, but after our two unpleasant nights there, l cancelled that reservation and booked elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank ThoughtfulCriticAZ
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Our suite was large, new, and quiet other than the nosy a/c compressor. The bed was adequate but not as comfortable as a Best Western Plus. Lighting was also adequate but we only had one mirror and that was only in the bathroom, and a too small toilet seat crammed between the bathroom counter and bathtub. The breakfast had limited selection, reheated fake eggs that wanted to break apart when picked up, and generally pour quality food. I would still recommend this hotel but only if the price was more commensurate with what you are getting..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple