“Impressive Staff, that made a good hotel memorable.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Croatia
“Impressive Staff, that made a good hotel memorable.”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This is a nice hotel. It is convenient to the interstate highway, Bozeman, the local regional airport, and only an easy 1 1/2 hours drive from the North Entrance of Yellowstone Park.

The hotel is comfortable with clean, up-dated rooms and they have a decent complimentary breakfast in the morning. The only slight negative was that the air conditioning / heating unit in the room was overly loud and had to be shut off rather than used.

But what makes this hotel notable is the staff. I checked-in in the evening and the person on duty at the front desk was cheerful, professional, and efficient. In asking for restaurant recommendations in the area, she provided some great ideas and quickly marked their locations on a map.

Early the next morning, I was pleasantly greeted by maids, the front desk staff, and the person taking care of the complimentary breakfast. All of this was a nice change to so many hotels I have experienced in large cities both in the U.S. and overseas.

But in my haste and excitement in the morning to get Yellowstone Park, I left a number of clothing items in my room. Later, when the maid cleaned the room and realized I had not packed thoroughly, the hotel tried to contact me on my cell phone. Unfortunately, I did not get the message until the end of the day when I was hours away and was not going to be returning in that direction. Without being asked, the hotel staff volunteered to have my items sent to me at my home address where they arrived before I did.

I have been at many 4 and 5 star hotels around the world, where I have not had as pleasant interactions with a hotel's staff. And most of these high-priced hotels would not have been so quick to assist me in returning my forgotten items.

For me, this was a very good hotel for the price, but made forever memorable by a great staff!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JUSTPLAYING
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I had just arrived after a 9 hr flying trip with my pet and this was a very accommodating staff, location, clean room, etc. My friend had dropped off his vehicle for me to pick up and he felt very safe leaving it there. The room was quite adequate and did have all the usual items: refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen tv, etc. I had a very comfortable night sleep. The breakfast included real scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, etc. It was about 10 minutes from the airport, and the shuttle picked me up.
I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ChickPosseeGirl
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I was moving from Minneapolis to Seattle and driving with my two cats, so I booked La Quinta's in Fargo, Bozeman, and Kirkland. Usually I have a great experience with La Quinta. Not so this time.

The front desk attendant seemed nice and helpful enough, then she handed me my key. Room 101. "Right there" she pointed. "Oh! How... convenient..." Not so convenient. Room 101 has 1 wall facing the lobby, 1 facing the hallway everyone *must* walk down to get to their rooms, and 1 facing the front driveway loop where people stop their cars to get out their luggage. I sat in the room for 2 minutes and just listened. I could hear her overly chipper voice welcoming each and every person who walked in loudly. I could hear the words being spoken on the TV in the lobby - not just the hum of a TV - the actual dialog. I could hear the car idling out my window. I actually waved at the guy when he got out of it. Seemed rude not to since that's where my window was facing. I could hear the front doors "swish" open every time someone entered or exited the building. In short, after an 11 hour drive and with another 11 hour drive facing me the next day, I clearly wasn't going to be able to sleep.

I went to the front desk and asked to be placed in another room. The desk clerk refused. "We're 100% booked. The whole town is with the football game. I'm sure it will quiet down in 30 minutes or so." I asked a clarifying question - did she genuinely believe it would quiet down given there was a football game and thus drunks straggling in at all hours. She gave me her best "honest" face and said, "Oh, I'm sure they'll just go to their rooms, and I can turn the TV down some too." I was doubly dumbfounded. First off, is that what drunks are known for? Quietly going to their rooms? And secondly I hadn't even mentioned the TV. That means she was 100% aware you can hear the TV from inside the room.

She refused to refund my money as I had pre-paid and refused to move me to a different room. Note that I pre-paid full price - it wasn't as though I pricelined and deserved the cheapest room in the joint. I booked at the Holiday Inn right across the highway and now have a nice quiet room where I will actually be able to get some sleep.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Robert G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman. I am so sorry to hear your stay was not as peaceful as it should have been. Providing my guests with a quiet and comfortable stay is extremely important to the entire staff, even on busy football weekends. If there is anything I can do to make up for your experience please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for the General Manager.

Based on your comments I am investigating maintenance improvements in addition to implementing new training programs to prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in our area. I am certain your next stay will far exceed your expectations.

Terra Corscadden
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman
Warren, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I are currently moving across the country and opted to stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman last night. The room was small but comfortable, had all amenities that we needed like a refrigerator and coffee maker, as well as a microwave and flat screen tv. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and out of 4 days travelling I was finally able to get a good night's sleep. The location is right off of I-90 which is ideal for those travelling and the hotel is also pet friendly for both dogs and cats. Thanks to the La Quinta Inn and Suites Bozeman for making the trip a little more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LaurenNall
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Great hotel, great front desk service , hot breakfast....will stay again if ever back in Bozeman. Also pet friendly with a nice place to walk the dog.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple