“Really good chili”

Ranked #23 of 247 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Visiting some friends in Bozeman, they brought me to Ted's Grill to get some bison during my trip. For an appetizer, I got the bison chili. It's one of the best chilis I've had in a restaurant. Definitely, give it a try.

I got the Delmonico Ribeye Bison Steak which was tender and juicy but lacked seasoning. I had to add salt to it which is not ideal for a steak. Service is friendly, but not quite very prompt. I had to ask for water a few times before actually getting it.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Our first trip to Montana and we were looking forward to finding a good steak house. Searched online reviews and Ted's Montana Grill had good recommendations. Atmosphere was nice and food was good, but not exceptional for the price paid. Found other steak houses that were better steaks that came with side dishes and were more reasonably priced.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Ted’s has ample salads, good basic food but terrible parking. Atmosphere is ok in the back - much better in the front by the bar. Feels like a chain, which it is.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

If you are sodium deficient, this is the place to get back in balance. I know most of America loves their salt and hence the popularity of this place. Too bad they literally brine their meat! What a travesty. You can always add salt to your meal, but when it comes pre-soaked, there is nothing you can do! I have even quietly whispered in the ear of the waiter to ask if my meal could come salt free, he wistfully shook his head and shared the brine secret with me. I have friends who love it, hence my repeat visit and my discreet whispering, but if you don't like to have a little meat with your salt, I suggest this is not the place to dine. The back deck is a lovely place to eat, but let me know when they stop force feeding NaCl.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We made reservations for 7:30 a normal dinner time. We wanted the chicken dinner which is one of their speciality dishes. We ordered the chicken at 7:45. Then at 815 we were told that they were out of chicken and that if we wanted we could wait a half an hour to wait for the chicken. Then we decided to wait because we wanted that and decided that half hour wasn't too long. Then after over 2 hours we finally got our meal very frustrating to say the least. All they did was give us a dried out piece of cheese cake and a cookie to take with us. Never going to this place again. Over charged us as well.

Been to Ted's Montana Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK