“Good food”

Ranked #27 of 257 Restaurants in Bozeman
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Ted’s has ample salads, good basic food but terrible parking. Atmosphere is ok in the back - much better in the front by the bar. Feels like a chain, which it is.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

If you are sodium deficient, this is the place to get back in balance. I know most of America loves their salt and hence the popularity of this place. Too bad they literally brine their meat! What a travesty. You can always add salt to your meal, but when it comes pre-soaked, there is nothing you can do! I have even quietly whispered in the ear of the waiter to ask if my meal could come salt free, he wistfully shook his head and shared the brine secret with me. I have friends who love it, hence my repeat visit and my discreet whispering, but if you don't like to have a little meat with your salt, I suggest this is not the place to dine. The back deck is a lovely place to eat, but let me know when they stop force feeding NaCl.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We made reservations for 7:30 a normal dinner time. We wanted the chicken dinner which is one of their speciality dishes. We ordered the chicken at 7:45. Then at 815 we were told that they were out of chicken and that if we wanted we could wait a half an hour to wait for the chicken. Then we decided to wait because we wanted that and decided that half hour wasn't too long. Then after over 2 hours we finally got our meal very frustrating to say the least. All they did was give us a dried out piece of cheese cake and a cookie to take with us. Never going to this place again. Over charged us as well.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

What a find! Ted's is located in the Hotel Baxter in downtown Bozeman. The decor was dark wood with cloth red checked napkins. For an appetizer we ordered the freshly made pitato chips with onion dip--warm and yummy. For my entree, I had the bison pot roast with garlic mashed potatoes--tender chunks of meat with tasty gravy, the potatoes had skin on. My husband loved his surf and turf special--the shrimp had a zesty seasoning. Our server, Anjeli was excellent as she answered all of our questions.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I went specifically for bison steaks and were NOT disappointed. Kevin was a terrific server and the the bison steaks were everything we could ask for. Kevin explained the cooking differences, rare vs very rare. My daughter had The filet and I had the ribeye. Both were cooked perfectly. This would be my go-to place for steaks, beef or otherwise. Fabulous.