New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Unique & worth going out of your way to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boulder
Sedona, Arizona
“Unique & worth going out of your way to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Boulder Hot Springs is a very unique and peaceful setting worth traveling out of your way to experience. The hot pools are CLEAN and well maintained as compared to other hot spring locations in Montana. The renovated rooms are bright, clean, spacious, and well appointed. An artist purchased the property and is in the process of complete historical restoration. The people who work there are humble, gracious, friendly, and accommodating to their guests. We stayed in the 'Celebration Room,' which has the most windows facing out to a lovely pastural scene, also, a private bathroom that was sparkling clean! I would highly recommend this room with a comfortable mattress, plenty of pillows, and even an additional day bed. The quiet at night and endless stars alone is worth staying here to deeply relax and forget the trauma's of other substandard hotel stays - ha! Now for a GREAT additional review of the BEST breakfast we had in our two week excursion through the West. There is a professional kitchen on site with a wonderful chef that prepares fresh organic, hearty homemade food fit for a king. She is gracious and a beautiful person. The food melts in your mouth - there are no words to describe how good it is - even organic yellow butter! The breakfast area is quaint and lovely. This is one of those places of escape if you need to get away from it all and get your head screwed back on straight. The room price is reasonable, includes breakfast, and unlimited access to the hot and cold pools. There are private and public pools to choose from, changing areas, restrooms, private dressing areas, and they are all kept visibly clean. I highly recommend adding this B&B to your travel itinerary. We hope to return for a longer stay next time....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank WorldSprinter18
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

We needed a place to stay for the night on our way to Glacier National Park. I read the reviews and decided a hot springs would be a nice relaxing thing to do before we hike a few miles on the trails. This turned out to be a good decision. My wife is still raving about the way the water made her skin feel.

I'm not really a spa person, but I too enjoyed the relaxing nature of the waters. The hotel has character and staying here is what you might expect if you've ever stayed at a old bed and breakfast. The rooms have heat but no air conditioning (you shouldn't need it) and noise travels but most of the guests were very considerate.

I was a little apprehensive about he "clothing optional" plunge pools, but that policy has recently been changed to bathing suit required. That wasn't really a problem as I pretty much had the place to myself even though the hotel seemed to be booked. The steam room is touted as the hottest in Montana, and I can't really imagine one being much hotter. Again, I'm not really into that kind of stuff, but it was definitely hot and steamy. I can't imagine one being hotter or more humid. You can try the plunge pool, steam room, and outdoor pool for what I remember as small fee. The outdoor pool is kept around 90 degrees year round.

The hotel also offers camping on the hillside if you'd like to camp and pay for spa services. I might have done that had I known. Now you know...

The morning breakfast was very delicious and featured custom made omelets. yum!

I also wanted to add that the staff seemed very friendly and it seems this hotel also offers help to those struggling or trying to cope with addiction. I was happy to give them my patronage after learning this and I wish them the best of luck helping others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Powertourer
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

Spent the weekend at Boulder Hot Springs Resort for a women's yoga retreat (Backto bliss.com) and had a wonderful time. My sister and I met there and LOVED the food and accomodations and stretched/relaxed to our hearts' content.

Our room (California Mission) was one of the themed rooms designed to reflect the colorful history of the resort. Beds are very comfortable and sheets of good quality. We even got a tour of the un-used area that is slated to be restored in the future. One of the ladies in our retreat used to go there as a young girl and had some fun stories. There is even a ghost that lives there!

The pools are very clean and warm (100 degrees to 105 degrees) and there is a cold plunge to revitilize after the soak. The food is vegetarian and excellent. The staff is happy to accomodate dietary needs and will share the recipes.

This is a great place to explore and spend some quiet time. No TV, phones (Cell service is good), but you appreciate the effort the owners have put forth to make the resort a wonderful expereince.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hoofinit5
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

Every year I meet friends and family here for our annual Steam & Stomp Retreat - a weekend of International Folk dance and music. A weekend of fun, visiting, soaking in the hot springs, hiking and restful sleep in the wonderfully renovated hotel. The food is A#1 - fresh, organic food, thoughtfully made and presented to our group with all sorts of extras in the way of snacks and refreshments. The staff just treats us great and I feel as if we are coming home as part of the extended family. I recommend Boulder Hot Springs Inn to everyone who is looking for a nice little, unique get-away tucked into a lovely mountain valley in Montana!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank MontanEva
Stevensville, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

My stay at Boulder Hot Springs was fabulous. The room we used for yoga was really great, and my personal room that I shared with my friend was comfortable and clean. We happen to be above the entry door, so that did cause some waking up during the night when people came.
The hot springs pools were clean and very relaxing. Temperatures well adjusted.
The kitchen staff was great!! They cooked the best food for all of us that were part of the retreat. I am planning to go back next spring, and if I have any visitors from Germany, I will take them there as well.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank igoetz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulder
39.5 km away
36.0 km away
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in Whitehall

Been to Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK