“excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Billings
canadian, ok
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Second time at this property, this time I've stayed going on three weeks. Love this place, the rooms are very nice, newly renovated. The king suites have microwaves and mini-fridge for when your tired of eating out. Location is close to many great restaurants. yes it is by train track, but not once did I notice or seem bothered by train. I used the work out room and the laundry, everything is in excellent shape and works great. So many times I find the workout equipment or laundry facility very lacking, but not at this facility, very impressed. Staff treats me like a old friend, call me by name and always greets me, I find this pleasing since I rarely see my friends or family.

Room Tip: King Suites are the best.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Only stayed for one night while passing through. Hotel is clean and new. Room was a good size, and beds were nice and comfortable. Slept well.

Breakfast is reasonably good, and left well fed.

Yes it is close to the train track, and yes you will hear the train, but t didn't bother us.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

While normally this hotel may be fine, we were there during some renovations. Our room was not being worked on, but as I walked theough the hall to the exit, I was nearly overcome by the odor of the chemicals being used. Apparently aware this was a problem, our room had been doused in a spicy scent to cover up the chemical odor. The fragrance was worse for my allergies than the chemicals. Despite the overabundance of chemicals, cleansers had not been applied to the bathtub, which contained a number of haira belomging to someone other than the current occupants.

Even when the renovations are finished, don't expect a good night's sleep. The hotel is next to train tracks, and trains are still running at midnight and are quite loud.

When we made our reservations, no mention was made of the remodeling issue or the proximity to the train tracks.

I mut, however, rate thehotel as a goodvalue as we stayed there free based on points. It was worth what we paid for it and no more.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ffisgmbillings, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
In regards to the review written regarding "Toxic Hotel", I would like to say that yes, during renovations there were fumes in the hotel. These were due to the glues, paint, and sealants that were being used. We do not use cleaners that have any odor due to any guests that may have allergies to odors. I am not sure what "spicy smell" they encountered.

In regard to the train tracks, we do have tracks at the south end of the hotel. We are in a quiet zone so no whistles are blown in this area, yet one can hear the train come through at various times. Some guests find this to be siturbing, others have stated that the noise is soothing. I believe this is a matter of personal opinion.

Siri Baker, GM
Swift Current, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We were a little nervous about what we would end up with for a hotel (as I had never booked online before). When we got their, we were impressed with the renovations and the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really good. The bed was very comfortable. The price was great. The location was excellent (close to a ton of great stores and fantastic restaurants, be sure to ask if they have any coupons for nearby restaurants). All in all, we will be back.

Room Tip: Definitely get the King room with separate sitting area, very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

This was NOT anywhere near the quality I expect from a Marriott property. Our first room was smoky and the desk person's first response was to say she could do nothing for us. We eventually were able to move to a different room, which was ok. Next, the train right next to the hotel was very loud during the night. At checkout the desk person could not figure out how to print a receipt. I will gladly pay more to stay elsewhere next time I have to stay in Billings.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J S
ffisgmbillings, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
I am a little confused by this post, we are a non-smoking facility and do not allow smoking on the premises. There is a $250.00 charge for anyone that does smoke in a guest rooms. Once it is found that a room has been smoked in, it is put out of service until it is deep cleaned in and all issues are resolved. If a guest had been checked in to a room that was smoky it would have an error and the desk did not recieve the information that this room was down. I apologize if this occurred.

Regarding the inability to print a receipt, this is the case ONLY when a guest has reserved their rooms over the internet through Expedia or other portals that are pre-pay reservations. The rates are handle by the online entity and we are not given the information, nor do we handle the payment from the guest. This is all provided to the guest at the time they reserve through the online entity.

Siri Baker, GM