See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I enjoyed my tower room. On each floor the doors here open into the large courtyard. When traveling alone I prefer not to be down a dark hall! The bed was very comfortable and the single king room was huge. The room was clean if a bit dated. However, I would not recommend the room service. My dinner was really not good and definitely not worth the price I paid for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate all the comments and make changes according to our guest’s requests. We are currently ready to put out a new dinner menu in the restaurant and we are confident that our guest’s will enjoy the new selections and pricing. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I've stayed here many times. The location is nice since the interstate provides access to either end of the city, but I'd recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza if you have that option, as it's more modern and feels higher class. The Grand Montana has a bit of a Lucky Lil's feel.

The rooms are ok. Dated, and the curtains are a crime. The beds are great, and even the rear buildings have rooms that are large enough. (Note that the second story rooms in back seem to have no elevators. I had to carry in my heavy valuables, which was irritating.)

While a lot of the issues are ones of an outdated image, the beds and amenities are just fine, and that matters most--so why the mediocre score? I deducted points for cleanliness. When I arrived last time, around 2345, quite tired, I got to my room and found dried urine at the base of the toilet, and dark pubic hairs on the sink and in the bath tub. It shouldn't be my job to clean the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Halcyon9000
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. We continue to make changes according to guest’s feedback. I apologize for the problems you encountered with the cleanliness of your room. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are improving. We are glad to hear you like the beds and the amenities. We thank you for your business!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Picked this hotel online as a spot for the night while driving from South Dakota to Washington state. It was right off of I-90 and easy off- easy on to the freeway.
What a wonderful surprise it was!! Holiday inn has always been one of my favorite hotel chains but this one was the best I have ever stayed at. The Atrium and the waterfall is beautiful!!!
The rooms were oversize and the beds comfy, i slept great in a quiet room. The bar had a friendly staff and the front desk was fast, friendly and efficient. Did not eat here as there was a Cracker barrel across the street(my fav restaurant)
Did not use the pool or spa but it was a HUGE pool in a very nice setting. Guest laundry was just what we needed after a week on the road. I would definately recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area...

Room Tip: I had a room off the atrium that was very roomy and quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for the nice comments. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. We hope you had a great trip from South Dakota to Washington, we are glad to have been a stop over on your journey. Looking forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the Billings area!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

My second time here totally changed my impression of this hotel. Ended up here after I received the worst service ever at a hotel from the Best Western Kelly Inn and the people at this hotel alone make me give them a 5 star rating.

While yes, like my last review says, it is an older hotel, but they seem to maybe be upgrading things slowly as my room this time was a bit nicer and newer looking than the last room I stayed in. The room was also very clean, nice floor to ceiling windows, clean bathroom and nice water pressure in the shower.

My only real complaint was the $50 pet fee, be nice if they lowered that a bit.

However it was the service I received at check-in was truly amazing. I forget the ladies name who checked me in, but she was so very nice and upgraded my room even though I had a pet with me.

After the horrible experience I received from the Best Western this hotel's staff totally redeemed Billings and turned my night around. I will most definitely be returning to this hotel if I am in Billings again. I do hope the hotel continues with the upgrades also, but either way, they do a very good job keeping the property clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We would like to thank your for your patronage, we are thrilled you are a returning guest and have written such positive comments regarding your stay. I have shared the comments with all our staff at our monthly meeting. We appreciate the time you take in letting us know how we are doing. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The hotel is centrally located right off the freeway and offers affordable prices along with panoramic views of the city. Close to malls and other amenities and kids still eat free which in this economy makes for a wise choice. I enjoyed the tower rooms for the view at the price offered and would recommend this to anyone. Another plus is if you are a Priority Club member you get a parting gift of 1000 bonus points or a choice of about 5 other items. I highly recommend this hotel not only for the price but for the convenience.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Towers as the price is reasonable and you have a lot more room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand, we thank you for your compliments and we look forward to serving you your next visit to Billings!