New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Billings
melbourne australia
“Yes and No”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in a 1 bedroom suite. The rooms were clean and big and it was lovely to have the room to spread out. All the usual amenities were there and the accommodation part of the hotel was good, alas if you want a welcoming and friendly hotel this is not for you. In the 4 days were were there it took to the morning of our departure for any of the staff to give us a smile and talk to us before we spoke to them and then on checking out they did not even ask if we had a pleasant stay or everything had been ok. Over our stay if we had a question they were very polite and helped us as much as they could, but being polite and being friendly are 2 totally different things.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The hotel is on a very busy road but all the windows are double glazed.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank macedon2
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
macedon2~ Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad you found our rooms BIG and CLEAN! I'm sorry you felt our staff wasn't welcoming & friendly during your visit. Most of our reviews (not just on Trip Advisor) but on many sites give our staff lots of praise for their friendliness so, your experience was not usual for our hotel. I hope you will come back and give us another try! We want to show you we are the friendliest hotel in Billings. Michelle Breitwiser, GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Billings, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in the Billings area over the years for business. I began staying at the Country Inn & Suites last year and have been completely satisfied. The rooms are clean, the beds are VERY comfortable, the breakfast is quite good and varied (a different 'main course' is offered each day ot the week), the staff goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. I would (and have) recommend this hotel to anyone. I have typically stayed there during business trips, but I have also stayed there with my family. My kids love the pool and my wife loves the fact that Applebee's is right across the street!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
DouglasW~ Thank you for an awesome review! This hotel loves its customers and especially REPEAT customers. Guests like you are why we love our jobs! See you soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM
Verona, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here on 2 different weekends while visiting family in Billings, gateway to beautiful Montana! My husband and I were very comfortable in our room on both visits. Our teenage and college age sons enjoyed pool and work out room. Huge hot breakfast with many choices, even gave us some things to go at 4am so we could catch our flight! Close to everything! Friendly and informed front desk staff. We will stay here again next visit!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
West Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

And if you're married, that should mean a lot to you.

Billings was the half-way point on a trip home and my wife really didn't want to stop there. I decided that I didn't want to face another mountain pass in the fading light, so we were going to stop there. I found this property using my GPS, and since there's a Country Inn and Suites near where we live that always looks nice, we decided to try it. It's a good thing we had the GPS, too. I find Billings a hard place to find my way around in.

The staff was helpful, even though many of them were busy helping get a room set up for some event. We were able to get checked in and to our room quickly. After being in the car all day the clean, spacious room was very welcome. All the fixtures in the room were in working order, and the wireless was very fast.

The breakfast selection was the best we'd had in over a week of traveling. The lady servicing the breakfast was on top of it, and made sure that everything was available. The biscuits and gravy were the best I've ever had in a hotel breakfast. If this is typical of all Country Inn and Suites, I'm going to stop staying at the chain I usually stay at.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The boss says I can stay anywhere in Billings that I want to. I stay here more than 25 times a year. The free breakfast is great, the rooms and staff are consistantly high quality. My sleep is nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business