“Still Good:)”
Review of McCormick Cafe

McCormick Cafe
Ranked #37 of 370 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American
Description: McCormick Cafe is located on Historic Montana Avenue in Downtown Billings. Our space features hardwood floors and red brick walls featuring local artwork. Sunlight fliters through our front windows making a warm and inviting place to dine. Our big chalkboard menu makes it easy to peruse all of McCormick Cafe's breakfast and lunch offerings.
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My friend wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, but I suggested here because of the historical atmosphere and good food. It was surprising that there were only a few tables at 10am, as it's usually pretty full when I've been there. There was a big Christmas party in the back, but we didnt hear them at all. The service was friendly and surprisingly speedy; our Oxford.French toast and biscuits and gravy were very good. They'd warned my friend that it wasn't the same gravy as usual, and though it appeared brown, my friend liked it. She said it was "so much better than Cracker Barrel!" Coffee"s great and you can fill a go cup when you leave.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We have been customers at McCormick's cafe for many years. We liked the food, coffee and service. Recently we've noticed a change with different staff every time and a certain lack of consistency. We were blown away by how poor it was when we went in for lunch on 12/5. It was not busy, which should have been our first clue. My husband ordered biscuits and gravy which has been a long-time favorite, and I ordered the Mushroom Burger with shoestring fries. It took a good 25 minutes to get our order, even though the the restaurant was mostly empty. My husband couldn't finish the biscuits and gravy because it wasn't the same recipe. I tasted the gravy and it was awful, brownish with off flavors. My mushroom burger was pretty good, but the shoestring fries were somewhat overcooked and not the same quality. The coffee pots were not kept full. There were two empty containers of Dancing Goats coffee sitting on the counter. Wait staff walked by the pots, but never refilled them. After the food was delivered, no one stopped by to inquire how the meal was, or if we needed anything. This never would have happened previously, the coffee pots were kept full, orders came out quickly and the wait staff was attentive.
We were very disappointed in the change. Sadly, it'll be quite some time before we return to McCormick's again and we will be hesitant to recommend it.

1  Thank 613gabriellad
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

On our new son-in-law's recommendation we tried this cafe for late lunch as we drove through Billings. Hubby went to college in Paris so likes to taste Americans' crepes. His Nutella and raspberry were light and tasty. Very good, he says. My scrambled eggs and sourdough toast were very good too. However, he loved the several different flavors of coffee he tried and I loved my hot tea. The tea was served in a giant mug with an enormous tea bag! First time for that! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This is a good place for breakfast, lots of fresh coffee and space to meet. Lunch menu is a nice mix of salads and fresh sandwiches. Just a good spot any time of day, also features exhibits of local art work.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We hadn't been to McCormick's for a long time, so my husband and I had breakfast there on a Monday morning. I ordered biscuits and gravy with eggs. It was a fairly generous serving, but biscuits seemed a little gummy and gravy was a bit salty. My husband had the banana stuffed french toast, and could barely eat it. The inside bread seemed like it had been dipped, but not cooked through, and the bananas tasted over ripe. We won't feel the need to try it again.