“Nothing worked--everything broken & dirty!”

Motel 6 Billings North
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 2 June 2009

They consider the phone jack "access" to the internet if you have a dial-up connection account--I complained bitterly about that and the fact that the pool wasn't open--so couldn't use it--they were too lazy to open it on time, laundry facility broke (my reasons for being there), outside door by room broke--didn't mention that bathroom had a LOUD leak and smelled moldy, halls dirty, etc.--anyway, they gave me $20 off bill. So point is: COMPLAIN! False advertising re: high-speed internet (none), pool and laundry not open. Even the coffee machine didn't work.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank galinka651
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Billings North

Reviewed 20 December 2008

I recently stayed there in Oct. I flew in to a freak storm and got to the Red roof just about. The staff were very friendly but that might just be my personality too and fact I was Irish. Who knows. They especially went out of there way to help me. On first night one member allowed me to use his cell phone as mine had no coverage and another gave me a pack of cigerettes as I had none. Thats above and beyond their duty. So everyone else who says they were unfriendly must be bit grumpy themselves. I am going back to Billings next march and possibly will stay there again again was very reasonable and nicely located. They made a 3 day snow in very very bearable.

The rooms themselves a basic but what else would you expect for price. It was clean and did have maid service for 3 days I was there.
There was plenty of hot drinks available in reception for all guests. And no limit to amount you could have.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank RedWitchIreland
Reviewed 17 November 2008

My wife and I recently stayed at this motel and we were disgusted not only with the filthy room that we were put in, but also the lies that the general manger told us.

The room was absolutely filthy, the carpet was stained with huge paint spots not to mention it was covered with food particles and dirt. The shower had hair on the walls and in the tub to. The towels that were supposed to be clean had hair on them, and they were also stained. We had a room with two bed, not just one but both beds had stains on the sheets and pillow cases, the stain appeared to be fisces. We returned to the first desk and ask for a refund we were told that they had closed the cash drawer out and that the manager would be back in on Monday and she would send a refund to us. After waithing another 4 days the manager told me that she would be sending the check that afternoon (Thursday) I waited for another week and never received a check, when I spoke with her again she said that she had to send the refund request to corporate and they would issue a check. Ispoke with her again and she told me that she would be going down to get a money order that afternoon and send it to us. Many weeks have passed and still have not received a refund check from corporate or from the motel. Everytime I try to reach the manager at the hotel she is always out, and the sorporate office keeps saying to contact her, but that is not possibly because she is never there or at least that is the story that I am told when I call to speak to her. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY IT IS FILTHY AND DISGUSTING.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank TECHSAN88
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I booked this hotel directly from their website because I thought they had a good reputation. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was extremely rude, never been treated like this before. The entrances were dirty as were the stairs. The carpet in the room was shredded and there were some unidentifed stains. Part of the carpet looked like it was cut out and replaced. I was not sure if they have a towel shortage either because my husband had to ask for more towels. The website mentioned an indoor pool and I also got this room so my children can utilize it. However, the water was greasy and the pool walls were grimey. There was a guy sneezing & blowing his nose into the water, ewww. The cleaning staff was more busy standing around outside smoking which would explain the musty smell mentioned by previous guests. Oh and the outside of the hotel DOES NOT look like what they have on their website. The television screen was unstable with poor reception. How does this place manage to stay in business?? People look elsewhere or read the reviews before you decide to book this place.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NFarland
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Stayed here one night on way to WA. My husband was able to secure a cheap rate ($58) at front desk, and the other hotels in the area we check on were really expensive. Hallway was a bit shabby, and the room was just OK, clean enough as I always wear my house shoes and we take our own blankets and pillows. Would not recommend this hotel for a vacation or anything special, but was OK for one night. If in the area again, I would recommend paying more for a nicer hotel like Hampton Inn. This Red Roof is in a scuzzy location off of the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family