All reviews murphy bed ski valet hot tub turn down service separate shower overnight ski storage frisbee golf full kitchen small kitchen room key lone mountain restaurants and bars hotel room bell staff great summer slope side after a long day
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Big Sky 4 nights with my husband as he was here for a conference. The accommodations are top notch! Comfortable beds and pillows. Very Clean rooms with a turn-down service which was a gracious extra. Best of all the PEOPLE! The concierge was friendly and gave great suggestions for everything from scenic hikes to shopping and food. The bellmen were over the top accommodating...opening doors and providing rides to hiking trails. Matt the bellman and Sheila in the fitness club were especially wonderful! They were two who went above and beyond in service to make sure we had the very best experiences possible, clearly going well beyond what one would expect. Highly recommended!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hello @Steierfam5,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Summit Hotel. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback on the accommodations. Most importantly, thank you for the acknowledgement of our amazing team members. As you know, it's our family of team members who create exceptional experiences for our guests, and your comments will not go unnoticed. We already look forward to you and your family returning again soon! -Katie, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 days in the 2 bedroom penthouse suite. I was worried that the hotel wasn’t 4 stars. But our room and experience definitely was. They exceeded all of our expectations. The room was wonderful and spacious. The kitchen was stocked with utensils and the laundry with detergent and dryer sheets. There was even a wine chiller. The fireplace was nice, especially when we got snow one day in June. Turn down service each night with chocolates; they also made the sheets and towel into a small smiley face one night. The Mountain View from our room’s fully equipped patio was serene. The steam room in the fitness area was large and one of the bests we have seen for a hotel.

All of the staff was fabulous, friendly, and attentive. They had great tips about things to do and remembered our names. It snowed one day and they helped scrape the snow off the car. The package with the free breakfast was definitely worth it. We enjoyed the onsite activities - putt putt, Lone Peak and zip lining. We also enjoyed the convenience of several shops, restaurants, and game room steps away from the hotel. We are looking forward to going back in the winter. This is a great place for families.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Hello @Direcshunz,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Summit Hotel. We love to read about our guest's favorite experiences, and from your review, it looks like the entire family had fun! Thank you again for taking the time, we look forward to your return. -Katie, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 19 April 2018

What a stay we had. From the skiing which initially led us here, to the hotel which surprised us in its charm, to the service in all departments. The small details caught us and will be leading us to come back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SkierJohn345
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hello @SkierJohn345,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Summit Hotel. We love to read about our guest's favorite aspects of their trip. Your insight will also be helpful for future guests! Thanks again, and welcome to the Big Sky Resort family, we look forward to your return. -Katie, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 18 April 2018

First off I want to say that my stay there was for the purpose of attending my fifth annual State of Montana Tourism Conference. This year it was held at Big Sky Resort. I have been for years sending ski clients to The Summit hotel as the premiere lodging on the upper mountain. This is the background story. PLEASE make sure you read to the end. The point of this review is to show how well the management staff took care of me as a guest.

My first encounter was with the valet service and bell service. It is top notch. I stay with clients at hotels that charge between 3-7K a night, and the cowboy attired (although amusing, having been a cowboy myself), front door service are the best I have seen. Tip them well, they deserve it.

Check in was very easy and pleasant. The room was pleasant. I was in room 701, one of the smallest rooms with a Murphy bed adjacent to the elevators. It was very well appointed.

Upon my exploration of the room, I found a batch of long hair stuck in the hair dryer that was put back in the wall holder and a small bit of mold in the corner of the shower. Not enough to warrant my addressing the front desk. Being in the accommodations business, I cleaned both myself. Even though I was next to the elevators, other than people talking, I could not hear their operation, which made me happy.

The first night I was woken up continually by the loud compressor noise of what I take is the last dying days of the refrigerator, or just a poorly made refrigerator. Also, at 6:30-6:45 I was woken by the loud use of one of the elevators. This resulted in only getting 3 hours of sleep. I made a comment to the front desk about the above mentioned issues and was never given any response other than a verbal "okay".

The evening when I arrived I was not updated if they fixed the refrigerator noise(which they did not) by note on desk or message on room phone. I was equally awoke at 5:45 am by an alarm going off in a vacant room that the room service did not check. And similar noises again regarding the elevator which resulted in the 2nd night with nominal sleep.

When I checked out, after repeating my experience when I was asked how my stay was, I suffice to say I was let down by the front desk staff. I had to ask for communication with a manager. I will not go into detail of how I got to a manager, but I do want to discuss what transpired when I did.

I spoke with Derek over the phone upon my arrival home. He immediately apologized, and then recognized my dissatisfaction with the service that I had paid for. He inquired about exact details, repeated them to me to ensure he had the right information, explained his intent to correct the situation so as to not occur again, and then asked me how to make it right. THIS is what this review is about. Without his actions, this review would have been totally different. He was pleasant, empathetic, and took actions. The Summit Hotel chose their managers well.

I was compensated monetarily for my stay, which was not as important as being heard, not only as a fellow accommodations businessman, but as a human being wanting service. This is where the difference in this review happened. You get one chance to make a first impression and one chance to make it right when a mistake has been made.

Thank you to Derek for maintaining my image of The Summit of a place that does value their customers and strive to be proactive in making your stay there one you will enjoy and hopefully return to.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Mick B
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello @Mick B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Summit Hotel. While we strive to give our guests a flawless stay, there are times that we can miss the mark. What you have written about is a true summary of our goal to turn difficult situations around. Derrick is a valued team member, and his leadership at the front desk inspires others. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will return to stay with us again soon. -Katie, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 15 April 2018

So...I came out here to ski last week and stayed at the Summit. Amazing place. It has the old-time feel of a great European alpine hotel, complete with nice restaurants, an indoor-outdoor pool/hot tub, and great, helpful staff. My room had a nice gas fireplace, an extremely comfortable and easy to operate Murphy bed, and a nice warm shower. And a couch, a kitchenette fridge/freezer/microwave. The hotel is at the bottom of two lifts, and the hotel staff will take your skis at the end of a day and keep them for you. The hotel's buffet was delicious, complete with a wide assortment of fruit, delicious oatmeal, a made-to-order omelette bar, and many other choices. I have friends who recommended this place to me, and I have to say it lived up to all of their praises.

Room Tip: My room did not face the main mountain, but still faced other mountains on the back part of the resort. There is no bad view here.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank stephen b
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello Stephen B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Summit Hotel! We appreciate your feedback and hope you return to stay with us again very soon! -Katie, Big Sky Resort