“A victim of its own success!! ”
Review of The Ice Cream Farm

The Ice Cream Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ice Cream Farm is a family friendly tourist attraction bursting with all of the fun you need for a great day out in Cheshire. We have been mixing up a whole new flavour of activity to ensure that whatever the weather, you can call in for a quick play and a scoop of your favourite Cheshire Farm ice cream, or a whole day of Ice Cream Farm fun. With massive savings on our new Play Pass, picking your flavour of activity has never been easier. At The Ice Cream Farm, fun is free... The rest is up to you!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have visited here on many occasions. We've always had a great time, there's lots to do, I disagree with the negative comments about cost. I feel like the prices are fair and it's great that the main play area is free. Sadly it's become far to busy to enjoy any of it, it's a parents nightmare trying to keep an eye on your children when they play... it is FAR to busy. The whole area is simply not large enough to accommodate the sheer volume of visitors. Long waits for all the attractions and we didn't even queue for ice cream as the queue was about 70 people deep! Unfortunately we won't be visiting again in a hurry!

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"older children"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Can be very busy even on rainy days. Loads of things for the kids to do. Free to enter and pay per activity. Different ways to pay in clueing a prepaid card system that makes evens cheaper the more you buy. I recommend visiting there website and reserving fast pass slots

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This review contains facts from my visit with my personal opinion written at the very end so as not to influence you. If you like my review please click helpful, I would be very grateful for each and every vote.

I have also added a few photos.

* parking
* Venu
* Staff
* Food
* Cleanliness
* Toilets
* My opinion

I am a young disabled lady and I was in my mobility scooter when i visited with my husband and 4yo son, our friends and their 4 children.

* parking
Parking is free, as you drive to the venue you can turn right into a car park that is sign posted as disabled or left to the regular car park. The disabled car pRk had no sign around stating it was strictly disabled only or if every space was disabled or not.

* Venu
You can pay as you go or purchase a play pass which discounts the rates, these are available on the day or online.
There is an outdoor park and play area with dug in mini trampolines.
The ice cream farm is quite a large venue with solid floors and gravel floors.
You enter the attraction and are faced with a huge tree that has a 30min countdown timer on it, it 'explodes' and covers anyone close to it in foam or bubbles.
To the right is the ice cream shop with around 30 different flavours to choose from, they also serve hot drinks but that is it.
There is a farm area with sit on retired tractors, a go kart area, a mini golf course, a jcb digger area where the child and parent can sit together and have fun digging and moving gravel and sand around.
There is an indoor sand and water area *recommendation--take a set of spare clothes to change into as they get SOAKED and covered! * this area has a hot drinks vending machine and toilets inside it. The water and sand area is filled with pipes, fountains, tubes, scoops, climbing areas, and so much more, it is all hands on interactive stuff and very good for learning!
Next there is a cafe that is a separate business from the I've cream farm so expect different t levels of service, they DO NOT OPEN the entire duration of the farms opening times, this caught us out. They have no *non dairy options and refused to make any, even a sandwich! Here you can get snacks, hot food and a variety of drinks. You can sit indoors also.
There is also a soft play area and a gaming area. Oh and a large inflatable death drops vertical slide which has. Hight restriction to it.

* Staff
I found the staff to be poorly trained, the go kart attendant asked for our token, we hadn't got one, he said we needed one but did not direct us to where we could obtain one. It turns out he was supposed to either stamp our play pass and give us a token or inform us that we could just pop a £1 coin in the karts to ride. But he did no such thing so we didn't get a go.
Then we went to the inflatable slide but our children were to small so we Quedgeley up for a go on the diggers. We missed the small sign that stated you must pre book at the kiosk to ride the diggers so after 45 min of waiting we were turned away. So we didn't get a go on this either. The staff members didn't even say oh grab a ticket you can come to the front of the que or the ticket booth is over there if you'd like to get one... They just asked for a ticket and then upon learning we had none, turned us away.
The staff in the cafe were awful! I dropped a star for this! I went up after they had closed (no signs stating when they closed so silly us, we thought they would be open the same times as the farm, NO! we were told no hot food it's all finished, I asked for any diet free snacks, I had looked at the pre made sandwiches and they all had butter on, I asked if there were any without butter or if there was chance I could have one made, I got a blunt no, it's just what is there now. This was 90 min before the farm was due to close. After telling me no the server just walked away from me! I sat there astounded wondering what was going on! As he didn't return I got the attention of a female staff member who was cleaning around the counter and asked if she could take my order, she must have heard my conversation as she said sorry there's no hot food now, I was just thinking how rude! I know this, the other person just told me this, why say that? Why not say yes what can I get you? I said I would actually like some hot drinks and cookies even thought their is no food, I also said I was going to order this with the precious person but he walked off from me, she just said oh right sorry do you want me to get you something then, I had had enough and just said no thank you and left.

At this point I was pretty miffed so I spoke to the manager about it all and she was lovely! The lady in the shop where I asked for the manager was also lovely.

* Food
Can't comment but I can say the ice cream was lovely. Nothing amazing, just as nice as a local home made one.

* Cleanliness
Toilets were clean, the farm was clean, all looked good.

* Toilets
There are accessible toilets and baby change available.

* My opinion
Not great for mobility scooters or young children.
My scooter prevented me from accessing the sand and water area, I got in the room but because of the play equipment I couldn't make my way through and around the room.
My 4yo was too small for the slide, the go karts and the diggers. He was to young for golf and gaming so all that was left for us was the soft play. Not worth the price personally. I don't think I will return anytime soon. Maybe in a few years when my son is older.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A bad day for a first visit.. . Easter Sunday. We paid the £15 for the 5 attraction tickets but every attraction either had a big queue or was overcrowded. We had a ice cream and a play on the outside playground.

The plus point is the tickets can be used on another day so we will visit mid week in May or June when it is a bit quieter

1  Thank WhatNoBiscuits