“American Bowman's Restaurant”

America Bowman Keeping Room
Ranked #9 of 10 Restaurants in Weston
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

It Was Great.... You've Got To Treat Yourself To The Bowman's Egg Rolls Served With The Spicy Brown Mustard...It Had Corn Beef And Slaw Inside...OMG Awesome. The Cheese And Ale Soup Is Also Great But You May Need To Either Share It Or Take Some Home..Rich And Delish! The O'Malley's Corn Beef On Dark Rye With Melted Cheese And Slaw Served With Thin Fries And Kosher Dill Pickle Is Like No Other And Believe Me, I Know A Great Corn Beef.

Now, Last Be Never Ever Least, The American Bowman's Pye.... "Chocolate Pecan Pie"....
Now, I Make This Pie But Their Pie Which I Hate To Admit, Is 10x Better. The Rich Chocolate Layer With Lite Pecans Is On Top With Layer Of Pecan Pie Custard On The Bottom With A Thin Light Crust Topped With A Chantilly Cream Taste Whipped Cream And Drizzled With Chocolate, Caramel and Light Powdered Sugar.

My Neighbors At The Next Table Had The Lemon Chess Pie And Melted With Each Savoured Bite.. In The Evening, The Dinners Are Ate By Lamps Which Makes The Meal Very Elegant And Like In Orleans. Also, To Listen To The Low, Soothing Irish Songs Playing Along With The Meal Made Me Feel At Home In Ireland.....Thank You!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We ate here on a recommendation, thinking it was O'Malleys Pub. Husband enjoyed the beer. We were told this was good Irish food. His "The O'Malley" corned beef sandwich was good but the fries were served cold, couldn't even be considered warm. My ham and cheese pye (that's the spelling) was supposed to be a custard type of pie - thought that would be similar to a quiche. The crust was a boughten crust with a little egg/ham filling and a thick slab of cheddar cheese melted on top. As the pye cooled, it got pretty hard. Not much taste. My meal included green beans and a roll. French-cut beans were warmed right out of the can - unseasoned and totally tasteless. The roll was a cold dinner roll. At $9.95 per plate, the quality was poor. Service was average. Atmosphere, aside from Irish music, was unremarkable.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We are here with 2 younger kids and it was pretty good. The service was ok, a bit slow, and not as professional as I'd like. The food was good and atmosphere charming.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We have been stopping here during our travels for about 7 years. Its kind of a tradition to stop on our way to Nebraska. Today we made the stop even though we really didnt have time. My husband noticed right off there was a new name on the sign America Bowman. There were actually names on the sign. We always had the same waitress every time we stopped but I didnt recognize anyone this time. She always engaged in conversation and would take new visitors down to see the pub. It was a much more personal and friendly atmosphere. I ordered the cheddar beer soup and it was not the same. The other one tasted like it was fresh made with stretchy cheese. This one tasted like it came out of a can like canned nacho cheese but with a beer flavor. We also ordered the chicken salad sandwich and it was different as well. Tasted like shredded canned chicken instead of the chunks it used to have. Just ok instead of yummy! I ordered the porter beer which I always get and even that wasn't the same. We normally buy some beer to take home but now everything's in cans instead of bottles. I do not like beer in cans. It doesn't taste the same. Explains why the porter was different. Im really sad because it wasnt the same so we probably wont be stopping there again :(

Reviewed 23 June 2016

We had a nice lunch here, eating outside on the patio. The cheddar-ale soup was delicious, and my husband loved his chicken salad. Best of all were the beers. We enjoyed the beer flight, and the price was great. My husband's favorites were the hard root beer and the carrot-apple ale (the latter we ordered separately. I loved the carrot-apple and also the ginger beer. We bought some four packs to go, also a good deal. Our server was quick and efficient. Fun and good place to go in Weston!

1  Thank emilys7