All reviews hot tub within walking distance main street entire house wrap around porch home weekend landscaping apple refrigerator fireplace
Reviewed 23 February 2016

My husband and I have been to Weston so many times in our 32 years together that I have lost count! We have stayed at other B&B's there but never this one. Figured it was about time and it always looks so inviting when coming into town. It's also very convenient and right on the Main street of town! First of all, we both love staying at B&B's and it's our preference when we are traveling. We also understand that they are all different and each have their own special qualities and uniqueness. Therefore we always take that into consideration and realize that some might be better than others but they all usually have something good to offer. I write this in response to some of the rather negative reviews I read before writing this which I felt were a bit unreasonable and unfair. When you stay at a B&B that is an old historic home, you need to expect that A. there may be a few things that need repair and/or attention; B. it will probably be furnished with antiques that aren't always the most comfortable; C. B&B's are notorious for displaying lots of nic-nacs to give it that shabby-chic, cozy feel and D. breakfasts can't be "made to order" but do have to be prepared with several people in mind.

I thought the Benner House B&B truly lived up to those items I have mentioned which for my husband and I, is all part of the charm and personal touch of staying here. The hosts were very informative, friendly and accommodating making us feel right at home. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful...so much that I asked for recipes! In my book, you know a B&B is good when you ask for recipes. Sherri was also very willing to share them. It probably was a bit chilly upstairs but again, it's an old historic home and you just get up and put something a bit warmer on. Guess when you have camped in the Rockies, you become a bit more adaptable. The hall light was left on all night which I thought was done for safety reasons but now I know where the switch is when we return and will certainly take the liberty of turning it off. I'm sure Sherri wouldn't mind as I could tell that our comfort was her top priority. The hot tub was a wonderful touch and something you don't find at very many B&B's. However, having a pool for their guests to enjoy is unheard of and we have NEVER stayed at a B&B with a pool.

We will definitely stay here again and look forward to it. Our stay was very pleasant and we had a wonderful time, making our Valentine's Day one to remember.

2  Thank Suzeq321
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

This is a good place to stay at an affordable price. I fully expected raised rates since the Sunday fell in Valentine's Day, but the rate for weekday remained the same. The room was nice, typical for a B nB. Bed was comfy, room was clean. It was nice to have a lot if complimentary snack and drinks. Sheris cookies were very tasty. The breakfast was good.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2016

This was my first trip to Weston and I had high hopes for this B&B as part of my Valentine's day getaway with my husband. Unfortunately we were let down. We have been to few B&B's in our 13 years of marriage and this one has some much potential that is not taken advantage of. The decor is overwhelming and cluttered and not in a charming way. Our room (Bridgewater) was fine in size but definitely rundown and the bed was so uncomfortable. I never wake up with a backache but this bed did it for me. The old over sized TV on the tiny table just seemed like a unnecessary accident waiting to happen.The bathroom was not clean and the decor in the room appears to just be thrown together and collecting dust. The breakfast was not impressive. First off there is only one time to eat 9 am. Also nothing was personnel about the breakfast it just seemed like it was easy to make for a group. The positive of this place is definitely the location. Can easily walk from this location to restaurants and pub. Also the kitchen with snacks is a nice touch but not enough to make me want to return.

1  Thank McGee4Fam
Sheri B, Owner at Benner House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Wow. It's taken me a few days to think about responding to this. So I just want to say I'm sorry that you had such a bad time here. You didn't say anything. Nothing. Not one word. You just smiled every time I spoke. First....The bathroom was clean. I cleaned it myself. I make sure the rooms are clean before each guest arrives.
In fact, I run the entire place by myself. I'm not sure if you're aware of how much that entails, or I don't know if you've ever stayed at a B&B that was run by one person; but having one breakfast time is what Innkeepers do when they're running a B&B alone. I make the breakfasts from scratch. Yes, I serve an entree and a scone or a homemade cinnamon roll on the side, with a fruit starter, juice and coffee. It takes about three hours to prepare.
Some B&B's that offer multiple seating times do so when they have a STAFF. I don't have a staff.
The room you stayed in contains the newest mattress in the house. No one until now, has ever complained about it.
The decor....I'm not apologizing for.
I lowered the price for Valentine's day, thinking that if you paid less here, you'd have a nicer time at one of the local restaurants, or shops. Honestly, I can't think of one establishment that charges $110.00 for a night's stay and gives AWAY free alcohol, soda pop, chips, fruit, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, popcorn.....I guess I was wrong.
I really don't know what else to say other than I feel this review was written with the sole intention to hurt me, as if I had done something wrong.
I guess I've learned I can't make everyone happy or have a good time.
Thanks.
Sheri Boatright-Guthrie

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Really enjoyed our stay here this past weekend. One of the better B&B's in Weston and we highly recommend. The hostess was very nice and greeted us almost every time we came and went. Felt very safe there, as they always kept the front door locked.

Pro's: Spacious room, big closet, great views in every direction. Bathroom was also spacious. Close walking distance to nearly all of the attractions Weston has to offer. It is at the top of a hill, though, with some brick-lined sidewalks that make walking a little more challenging, especially in heels after some beer/wine! Loved the breakfast both mornings. The blueberry scone was the best I've ever had!

Con's: Was a little chilly in the house. Would have been nice to be able to adjust temperature in each room (maybe space heaters or something)? Also, we didn't realize the Gardenview room didn't have a shower (only a tub). Was find for me, but my husband prefers a shower. None of the con's would prevent us from staying here again.

Room Tip: Gardenview Room only has a bathtub (no shower). Not sure about other rooms.
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Pleasantly surprised, no problems at all. Sherri, the owner provided excellent customer service in answering questions (unlike another place in town). They may be the most reasonably priced place in town and their online reservation system worked great.
They have a pool (summers only) and hot tub (year round) There is a restroom on the ground floor if you both need a bathroom. There was an array of snacks and sodas in the Fridge and coffee/tea/hot chocolate left out 24/7 for guests. It is on Main Street just outside the commercial part of the town so an easy walk everywhere.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have bathroom doors which may be a problem for some
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business