“Smelly and noisy stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Union
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Smelly and noisy stay”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We just arrived back home at 1am a night early due to the experience we had at the Super 8 Union. Our room smelled like smoke and it was a non smoking room. We complained but were told that there were no other available rooms. Then at 930pm when we arrived back at the hotel a bus of teens with minimal supervision arrived and continued to jump and be loud from their rooms above us until we left at 1130 pm. After our visit we will not come to this location again. We were offered another room (on the smoking floor) but we declined so that we could get a good nights sleep at home. Sadly they did not refund our "night" at their hotel.

Room Tip: I would not stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
First, I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you that you were disappointed in your stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to our guests.

I was, of course, concerned to learn about the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I can appreciate what an inconvenience it was for you to have noise coming from another room. I welcome you to contact us directly by calling the hotel at 636-583-8808 and asking for Angel, the General Manager, so that we may fully invesitgate your experience.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Mary Frances
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Burkesville
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I have stayed here since 2004. Contistently it has been very clean and in good repair. The clerks/managers have helped with directions, restaurant suggestions, and various items I've needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make a prior reservation, as rooms fill up quick. Bring your swimsuit as the indoor pool is just the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
Dear Guest:

First of all, thank you for your continued business and loyalty and for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment on our hotel. It is most appreciated. Management and staff are there to make your stay the best that it can be and they enjoy making you feel welcome and at home. Seven years is a long time and we are so happy that you come back every year to see us. Rest assured that we will continue to strive to maintain your loyalty. Again, on behalf of the management and staff, thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit! Mary Frances, Owner
Swansea, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel because i had to come in for a funeral. There was one young woman there that went out of her way to make me feel comforted and she lifted my spirts. She talked to me about my loss, and went out of her way to say hello and ask how my day was and how i was doing. Which ment alot to me. She showed really empathy. I believe her name was jocelyn. She made my stay there very plesant. The room was also great and the breakfast was very yummy. I will defentiely be comming back to stay at this hotel when i come back to visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our property. We most definitely appreciate and value your comments. Jocelyn is a new employee and we will be sure to let her know of your kind compliments. We think Jocelyn will be a great addition to our staff. We look forward to your return visit and hope it will be under happy circumstances the next time.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and again, we look forward to your future stay.

Mary Frances, Owner
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Stayed in a King suite for 6 nights while attending a dog event at Purina Farms with my sheltie.

The staff - from the front desk to housekeeping - friendly, cheerful, and helpful with directions and dining recommendations. I had traveled through the area two months prior. Stopping by to check out my reservation destination for my April trip, I was given a tour of the hotel and saw the room that would be assigned to me.

Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast offered very typical of other hotels that offered same. Dining area clean and well attended by hotel staff.

Hope to have an opportunity to go back and visit the area. Would definitely stay again.

Thanks, again, to all the staff for adding to a pleasurable vacation and stay!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 in Union, Mo and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your Sheltie back the next time you are in our area.

Thank you also for acknowledging the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We appreciate your wonderful comments and for choosing to stay at our Super 8. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Good luck with the dog shows!

Mary Frances,Owner
1630lyon
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We made reservations at this hotel for Christmas, brought our pets along as we were continuing on to Florida for the winter, upon check-in we were told that they DO NOT ALLOW CATS, so on December 23 we had to find a new hotel and the closest was 25 miles away. They need to change there "Pets Allowed" to "Dogs only". I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it is clean and would stay in the future, my experience is just not something I wanted to deal with at Christmas time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
First of all, thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I apologize for your inconvenience in finding another property that would allow cats and especially around Christmas time. We completely understand your inconvenience. You are absolutely correct that we need to change the description on "Pets Allowed" and we have just recently finished completing a form which will contain the description: "Small dogs at $10 per night per dog". Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we look forward to your next visit.

Till then, safe travels!
Mary Frances, Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
10.0 km away
21.4 km away
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
29.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan

Been to Super 8 Union? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK