“Best Customer Service in a long time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lamplighter Inn & Suites North

Lamplighter Inn & Suites North
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Customer Service in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My family and I were exausted after a long drive and chose Springfield,MO to stop for the night. Without a prior reservation, we stopped into the Lamplighter Inn and Suites and found the staff and hotel exceeded our expectations. Tasty breakfast and clean rooms, we will be definitely keep the Lamplighter on our list of hotels to stay for a great room with a reasonable rate next time we pass thru Springfield,MO. Thanks to the employees for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
LaTricia R, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We strive for great customer service and making our guest feel at home. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel, and, again, were not disappointed.
The desk staff was very friendly and efficient and the rooms were well kept and well appointed. The breakfast was everything one could want to get them on their way.
The location is also very good..........just off Exit 80 on I-44. The proximity to well-known restaurants, within walking distance, was very convenient.
The swimming pool is great for relaxing in after a long drive.
Will definitely stay there again when in the vicinity.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad that you enjoyed everything. We work really hard to provide our guest with great customer service. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Great hotel for the price. Room was nice, breakfast was GREAT! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank ladytrucker1
StephanieSchebaum, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time post a review about our Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast. We just recently added a few extra items and it seems to be working out well. Our guest are really enjoying it. We look forward to seeing you again.
Streamwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

We were traveling without a reservation and decided to stop for the night at the Lamplighter. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room had all the ameneties, i.e. microwave , refrigerator, 2-queen size beds. Facility has a salt water pool. Hot breakfast in the morning. The place has just been remodeled. We found out about the place through one of the discount travel guides you get at the rest stops. The price was fantastic. They didn't hesitate to accept the coupon.We will stay there again the next time we are in the area. Very clean and safe!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ray G
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Thank-you for your positive comments, though it appears that this review was meant for our sister property the Lamplighter Inn & Suites in North Springfield. I have notified the Trip Advisor staff of this error so that your review may be reflected on the site for the North location.
Gladstone, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed at the Lamplighter Inn for the first time and last. It is need of major repairs, the "hot" breakfast was anything but hot and choices were very limited. We had to ask for more food and coffee to be made as when we came to the breakfast bar everything was almost gone and there weren't any customers and it wasn't close to closing time.

The room was a typical 2 star room - we had a king with a sofa sleeper for our daughter. We had to ask for bedding for the sofa sleeper and for towels.

The pool was the best thing about the hotel and after staying in five hotels on our trip, was our daughter's favorite pool - but that was the only positive.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Charlie44926, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, 28 August 2011
I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay recently at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites North. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I assure you that the issues you have raised have been review and appropriate actions have been taken. I just recently transfered over to this property and I am working with my staff to improve ALL aspects of the hotel. Guest service is my number one priority. Over the next few months we are planning on doing some updating to the inside of the Hotel and I am pretty excited about that. I also noticed that you mentioned our breakfast not being very good, that is one of my first changes when I got here. There are alot more selections including muffins, danishes, and bagels are a few of the things I added along with scrambled eggs. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Springfield. Changes are in the works!!

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels