“chicken enchilada”

Mexican Villa
Ranked #201 of 718 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Love the chicken enchiladas! Have ordered it almost exclusively for 38 years. Family friendly, home-owned. Not really authentic Mexican, but more southwest, but really tasty, and an addiction to my family.

1  Thank luvlunch

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Not clean, cold food, uninterested wait staff.......Never again. I hav e been many time over the years and it's just gone down hill. We have lots of great Mexican food here. I will choose another spot.

2  Thank 1Songbird1
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This is a Springfield MO thing. When I go anywhere on vacation I have to go to Mexican Villa when I get back. It's not original Mexican but very tasty. My husband and I can eat for less than $20.00. Try the sancho enchilada style. Very good.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

A lot of people will say this isn't tradtional Mexican food and they are right....but...that doesn't mean it isn't still good food. I don't know what kind of cheese they use, but for me it makes the dishes. A wide selection of dishes at reasonable prices. The only negative I have is the hot sauce (you can't call it salsa) that comes with the chips.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Good tex-mex food, reasonable prices, service usually good. South Campbell location gets busy, but has nice atmosphere ( best decor of all their Spfd locations) if possible go during non prime times to avoid the wait.
East Sunshine location across from St. John's Hospital missing decor and more for dye hards, but food still good.
South National is the original location- go if you want nostalgia and same piping hot food. The Kearney Mexican Villa El Taco is good for a fix. It has no decor but has served the north side for years. Same goes for the El Comida located on S Glenstone. Does have slightly better atmosphere than Kearney and is a tad larger.
I always order the Burrito Enchilada Style. Taco burgers are good, but messy. If you like it spicy use the hot sauce/salsa on the table. They have sweet sauce for the meek which is very thin and slightly sweet. Reasonable prices.