Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium

Reviewed 2 days ago
normh866
Batavia, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews combo ticket fish native americans lewis and clark expedition pet stingrays touch tank four hours sea life conservation efforts we spent hours bass take your time wear comfortable shoes hours walking both sides salt water all ages
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

HUGE! Plan on a couple hours (if not more- plenty of places to sit and take in your surroundings) for the aquarium. Lots of animals (not just fish), a great section about Missouri aquatic animals, and really well-designed exhibits. Two great "touch" experiences with rays and horseshoe crabs, extremely engaging staff, and a great coloring exhibit toward the end really made the trip memorable for our five year old. Only complaints: it was a little intimidating to navigate (screens only point where you go right when you get there- ikea-style arrows on the floor would help a ton), and the fishing history section was pretty dry and had too much information you had to work to take in.

I have no idea why I thought we would enjoy the wildlife museum. It white-washed Native American history and essentially felt like a giant trophy hunter death museum. I've seen smaller exhibits that didn't weird me out (at some Cabela's, for example), but the volume of all the taxidermy animals was just too much. There is literally a huge archway made out of hundreds of antlers that felt like it should be a prop in a horror movie. This will not be for everyone.

But still go to the aquarium!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This really is a fantastic museum and aquarium. Allow at least 3 hours to see this museum. We spent about 2 hours in the museum, had lunch at Hemingways in the Bass pro Shop and then went into the aquarium, where we spent an hour or more. They have fabulous exhibits in the museum, and the aquarium has lots of different areas that are interactive, such as touch tanks. Well worth the price of admission.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Amazing place ALTHOUGH it is (and I ask with kindness) that I and my guests were the only one's who feels it is way dark inside and without signs or helpful arrows got terribly lost in there? Seriously. Didn't expect that. Before any reader assumptions, my friends and I are not museum incapable. Johnny - what are your thoughts?

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Plan to spend all day!! The Aquarium is amazing and has way more than we expected. Take your time and see fish from around the world. Plan to spend at least 3 hours in the Aquarium and the Wildlife Museum is another 1 or 2 hours. This is attached to the original Bass Pro Shop which is a destination in itself so don’t make the mistake of thinking that you can get done in a few hours or you will miss a lot.

Reviewed 3 days ago

The aquarium is awesome and diving with the sharks was such a fun experience! The staff is wonderful, helpful and friendly! The experience is so much fun, and the training is easy to understand before the dive starts. All the equipment is top notch! Would 100% do again!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This aquarium is huge!!!! It does involve a lot of walking. But it is definitely worth it. Our kids were so great full getting to experience this place. The Goliath Grouper was probably the favorite because of there size. We will definitely stop by again.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Bass Pro gives free electric scooters to shop and spend money, for museum they charge $40 to enter and if you are disabled and need a scooter you are charged another $20, they give wheelchairs free, but I am traveling alone, I can’t push a wheelchair 4 hours, I spoke to a rep who promised to look into this and respond within 24 hours......crickets chirping.......Bass Pro will never get another penny from me, I hope if you care about disabled folks trying to be independent being charged $20 more than everyone else to see this, I hope they don’t get your money either.

1  Thank Carl S
ShelbyS831, Guest Relations Manager at Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your review. Our guest services team would like to speak with you further about your experience. Would you mind sending us an email with your contact information to info@wondersofwildlife.org so we can reach out to you directly?

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We all loved the aquarium. Many of the tanks come all the way to the floor which is great for the little kiddos in our group. Each section was well themed and we never felt rushed through anywhere. It is expensive $140 for a family of 4 and we had lunch which was $50. We would probably leave and eat elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Its a very educational museum. be prepared for several hours to get through the whole thing though. There's lots of things to entice children. The only drawback is that its incredibly expensive.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Outstanding exhibit of our world, past and present. You can stroll through in a couple hours, but make time for shopping at The store.