Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful grounds with great wine and food

My friends and I have been coming to Crown Valley at least once a year for the past 15 years. It... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2018
Steve44881
Saint Louis, Missouri
Nice place to spend the afternoon

A monstrously sized facility in an idyllic setting. Staff was for the most part attentive and... read more

Reviewed 29 May 2018
Jirecarol
Columbia, Missouri

All reviews wine tasting large crowd snack bar nice spring cheese tray great wine beautiful grounds st louis great afternoon glass winery pavilion token band facility wedding scenery
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I have been to a lot of wineries but never felt like the greeter made me want to turn around and leave until here! Very curt and rude in talking to our group. After going in we then encountered a worker cleaning with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth... took my day from happy to irritated

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This place was packed when we stopped by this weekend 9.30.17. The wine was good, the music was better, the wait to get food was horrendous...38 minutes standing in line to get 1 sandwich!!! That's outrageous. Outside food is prohibited, so, unless you eat before you get there, you're pretty much a captive audience. $8 for a cold pulled pork sandwich, which was supposed to have cole slaw and BBQ sauce; missing both but plenty of chips. 1 person taking orders, 1 person cooking, 1 person handing out the food, 1 person running to get supplies. Someone needs to streamline that kitchen. There are several very nice wineries in the area that don't subject their customers to such idiocy. While waiting, I started to look around. Now, granted the pavillion where you place an order is open to the elements. Having said that, they really could clean up the ceiling area. It's filthy. I wouldn't want my food sitting under that stuff. Also, they used to supply nice wine glasses, real glass glasses for a $2 rental. Not any more. There is a $1 charge for cheap plastic throw away containers. Bring your own glasses.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on a Sunday drive and enjoyed wine tasting and afternoon snacks. Wines were very good and the menu was varied and offered a wide opportunity to choose from. We tried items like onion rings and fried cheese sticks. Both were very good. The scenery makes a stop here very worthwhile. We wanted a full dinner which wasn't available so we settled for appetizers.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The wine at Crown Valley is basic and too sweet, without variety. We came in for a tasting on 7/1/17 and the worker was more interested in flirting with a young woman at the bar than selling us wine. I bought two bottles of the bubbly (it's decent) despite the poor service and poor variety. Not worth the trip!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We went here to celebrate my birthday. The scenery was beautiful and the weather was perfect that day. So there was much to enjoy. We had a bottle of their Cabernet. We drank in the shade of the patio in their facility and enjoyed the weather and view. I would have to say that the 3 buck chuck at Traders is far better and a lot cheaper. We realize that we are paying for the wonderful view. We also wanted a wine and cheese board but they were sold out. The kitchen had very little to offer on a Sunday afternoon about 1:30??? Another note we were not given glasses for the wine. They even wanted to charge us for the small plastic cups that had their logo on them. It's plastic!!

Date of experience: June 2017