Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Nice place to spend the afternoon

A monstrously sized facility in an idyllic setting. Staff was for the most part attentive and... read more

Reviewed 29 May 2018
Jirecarol
Columbia, Missouri, Usa
Great wine, odd rule?

Beautiful winery and really good wine. Strange rule where you have to pay for your tasting up... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Michael C
Gardner, Kansas
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting large crowd band playing plenty of outdoor seating cheese tray lots of fun st louis great afternoon worth the trip glass winery pavilion facility token deli scenery cabernet
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The wine at Crown Valley is basic and too sweet, without variety. We came in for a tasting on 7/1/17 and the worker was more interested in flirting with a young woman at the bar than selling us wine. I bought two bottles of the bubbly (it's decent) despite the poor service and poor variety. Not worth the trip!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We went here to celebrate my birthday. The scenery was beautiful and the weather was perfect that day. So there was much to enjoy. We had a bottle of their Cabernet. We drank in the shade of the patio in their facility and enjoyed the weather and view. I would have to say that the 3 buck chuck at Traders is far better and a lot cheaper. We realize that we are paying for the wonderful view. We also wanted a wine and cheese board but they were sold out. The kitchen had very little to offer on a Sunday afternoon about 1:30??? Another note we were not given glasses for the wine. They even wanted to charge us for the small plastic cups that had their logo on them. It's plastic!!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This winery is beautiful, scenery is gorgeous. Was very relaxing sitting out on the patio . However, I wasn't a fan of the wines. They were ok. The only wine they had that we really liked was the crown sangria , to bad they don't bottle that up. Was worth going to for the atmosphere and would probably go back .

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This is NOT a place to have a wedding and reception. My wife's niece got married and had the reception here last Sat night. It was stormy and raining and the event was to be held outside but the bride and groom were assured they had a contingency plan in case of bad weather. Not so! There were 150 for event and the mist that could be handled inside were 90. They moved all the round tables they could into the basement and even the hallway down there where stacks of wine kegs are stored. Many had no seats for dinner. Immediately after dinner, those in hallway were told they would have to leave. One of these was my wife's brother and his whole family, kids and grandkids. There is very poor handicapped accessibility. Restrooms were atrocious and women's was partially out of order. Food was not good - roast beef so tough it broke plastic silverware. Saw many using pocketknives to cut it. My wife's parents, one in wheelchair and one with walker were told they could not use elevator when leaving. Had to go through some storeroom in basement to get to an outside lower entrance and wheelchair was very difficult to get out. All in all a terrible experience. If I were Bride and Groom, I'd had demanded a partial refund. I've never written a poor review on TripAdvisor but this is necessary so hopefully other young couples don't make this mistake.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

My daughter & husband took me here for Mother's Day. Des Ju Vu band playing, they were fabulous! Kelly at the tasting bar did an outstanding job! She is friendly & very on top of things. The girl at check out was very friendly & knowledgeable as well. The views are beautiful & plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy the music & views. While all of this was wonderful I do suggest eating before you go. Two items we wanted they were out of. The boneless wings taste just like chicken nuggets & sauce is not cooked on so dipping sauce on side. Not so good. The pretzel bread was tough & the beer cheese sauce wasn't the kind we like. I saw someone with the cheese tray & it looked like plenty for 2. Unfortunately they were out of that and the caprese as well. Will definitely go back when this particular band is playing!!