“Great customer service, great food!”
Review of West of Hunan

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
West of Hunan
Ranked #75 of 207 Restaurants in Saint Peters
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Why we haven't tried this Chinese take out in the over 8 years we have lived in St. Peters is beyond me! Tried it today on a whim and it was excellent! We placed a to-go order and as we were ordering mostly vegetarian items, we also ordered an egg roll which the gentleman wanted to make sure we knew there was meat in it. I told him yes but thanked him for letting me know. He said he just wanted to make sure since what we had ordered so far was vegetarian! Very considerate of him to do that. He apologized multiple times because they were cleaning. No problem for us! He was very considerate and had excellent customer service skills.
The food was amazing! Very good spring rolls, egg rolls, crab Rangoon, veggie fried rice and lo mein as well as general tso's chicken. Very reasonable on the price as well. It may have taken us 8 years to find them and try them out, but we will definitely be back very soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

My mom and I stumbled in here on a stormy day 20 years ago when we were looking for a new Chinese takeout/delivery place. It is still my favorite when I am in town. I love the crab Rangoon and hot and sour soup. Favorite entrees of mine are the Shredded Chicken with Garlic Sauce, West Hunan Chicken, and Vegetable Lo Mein.

The food is a good value, and your wait time is average for the hot and fresh food.

Note: This is strictly a takeout/delivery place. The ambiance is lacking, but you're not there long.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

Great food, fast, and the workers are always so nice. I like the sweet and sour chicken!!! :))))))))))))))))))))

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Had West of Hunan on my list for a few months after a friend had praised their hand-made potstickers. Tonight we gave it a try: spicy cabbage (like a cool coleslaw), potstickers, Mongolian beef, Almond Chicken, Mooshu pork. Very good cooking. Everyone in the family had a favorite. The lowest rank went to the steamed potstickers!! Wait til inte my friend who recommended!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Was visiting St. Peter's/O'Fallon and had to work in the hotel room one afternoon. Got takeout from here. It was just average takeout. The dumplings were actually pretty good. The Kung Pao was not even close to the real thing -- just a bunch of hot sauce drizzled over a watery sauce in which the shrimp were cooked. Not bad, but not exactly the "greatest ever" like the other reviews indicate. It's takeout Chinese -- with everything that implies.