“OPA!”
Review of Dado's Cafe

Dado's Cafe
Ranked #427 of 2,940 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Friends introduced us to Dado's and we wanted to try some other foods on the menu. Yummy! Some of the best Greek food this side of Greece. Having been to Greece I was impressed with their entries. Sampler platter is the best with plenty to have for the next day. The spanakopita was perfect with not too much lemon and the dolmades were larger than I have been served in other restaurants. Haven't had the moussaka yet but will be my next try. Pizza with some interesting toppings if you so choose. Happy hour with 1/2 price ravioli and wings and $2.00 beer. This is an unassuming restaurant but there is something for everyone. Please give it a try!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Dado's Cafe

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

My wife picked up lunch here today. Dado's is pretty new, but there's no excuse for the nonsense we put up with today. They handed us a Greek salad with: no olives, no feta cheese, and store-brand ITALIAN dressing. Really? Italian dressing on a Greek salad? Also, the gyro meat on the salad looked like it'd been cut with a weed eater. Tasted good, but needed to be sliced thin, not cut in raggedy chunks like stew meat. I had a chicken souvlaki, which was good, but bland, desperately in need of pickles, or a spritz of lemon juice. No plans to go back.

Thank M.A. D
Reviewed 25 August 2016

The food here is truly wonderful. It has become a habit for us to dine here. It would be nearly impossible to find a bad item on the menu. And the French fries they serve with some of the sandwiches are so crisp and full of flavor!!! I tried the patty melt this time. The caramelized onions on it truly upped the flavor. The "Mile-High BLT" is divine with all of the bacon and fresh ingredients. For dessert we had baklava a la mode. It was just wonderful.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

If you are bored with eating, try Dado's Cafe on South Hampton near Eichelberger in South St. Louis. I was bored with eating, and needed to find a place to go with my aunt, who is always up for culinary adventure. I don't think in 45 years of eating out with her we had ever gone Greek before. My usual idea of Greek is a gyro with no tzaziki sauce and baklava.

We both got the sampler platter, which came with 2 dolmades, two slices of spinach pie and your choice of (and I'm going to have to look these up) moussaka or pastitsio. Moussaka is ground beef, potatoes and eggplant, pastitsio is essentially Greek lasagna. Both have a layer of bechamel cheese (sort of like a whipped cheese quiche) on top. I had the pastitsio. Everything was very good, even the feta cheese on the salad, which I generally detest but this cheese was so mild and scant I was happy.

They have a number of desserts, which we skipped, because, well, it's late summer, and Ted Drewes is between the restaurant and my aunt's house. The sampler platters were $15, but per usual, there was enough to have a second meal from the leftovers They have a number of cheaper dishes, and a companion menu they call "casual American", which means you can bring a picky "I need a burger" companion or child with you if you wish to go Greek.

Once it gets colder we'll have to return. I'm always up for some good baklava.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Each time we eat here we cannot find enough good things to say about the place. The food and service are superb. If you are into Greek and American food - go here!