Holiday Inn Forest Park
  • Room Service
US$ 149
US$ 139
  • Pool
All reviewsforest parkfront deskhighway sidelouis zooclose to downtowneasy accessearplugsodorarch
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This was the second time we stayed here. And while the first time wasn't fabulous, we thought it was worth it to come back when we were in town and wanted someplace close to the zoo. The room was dirty, the pool was closed, it was way too loud/noisy at night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay! We appreciate the feedback as this is one of the many tools we use to gauge how we as a staff are performing and what we can improve upon. Your comments will be used to better the overall guest experience for not only you but any other guest we have the PRIVILEGE of serving! Customer service and cleanliness are two of the many areas we take GREAT pride in here at this hotel as both are 100% completely in our control. Your comments will be covered in detail with our housekeeping manager as well as the staff so we can be sure this doesn't happen again. I hope next time you are in town you are willing to give us another chance to host you so that you can see this is not a reoccurring issue. Again, thank you so much for the feedback! We hope we have the PRIVILEGE of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Our check-in was flawless! The 2 ladies at the front dest were extremely friendly & helpful. When we got off the elevator on the 2nd floor there was an immediate musty kind of odor. When we walked into the room it smelled of stale cigarette smoke, although it's a no smoking hotel. I figured it was stale smoke from long ago, but there were a lot of cigarette butts on the balcony so I'm thinking it wasn't that old after all. The next thing I noticed was either make-up or blood in several places on the curtain sheer. Needless to say, our entrance into the room didn't start off great. The furniture (chairs mainly) could use some updating. The beds & pillows were comfortable & we did get a good nights sleep. The restaurant attached to the hotel had a very good breakfast, though not cheap. There's also a nice outdoor pool. This hotel does accept pets, however... there was a dog that barked "a lot" somewhere close by & the barking traveled through the vent in the bathroom. It was very annoying! This place really could be better than it is with a little work.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear guest;
Thank you for letting us know how we did. I'm so glad that the front desk staff were able to make you feel welcome. I'm sorry that their was cigeratte issues as we are 100% non smoking and are very quick to charge anyone who breaks this rule. We are happy to say we are updating our desk chairs and hope the next time you visit with us we can really "wow" you!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Dirty room , Bugs in the bath room , Hair in tub ,broken tiles in bath room,This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in . The room smelled like wet dog.made me sick.!!!!!The air cond rattled and was filthy dirty.The grounds were littered with water bottles,The sliding doors were dirty, Don"t stay here ! sleep in the car. And save the money for a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Don"t stay here at all . It"s a dump
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Guest;
Thank you for providing us with feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize that we fell short of providing an excellent experience. I can assure you we don't have any issues with our rooms. We also take all comments very seriously when brought to our attention. If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My wife made reservations online for three rooms for two nights at this hotel two months prior to our visit. We paid at the time by credit card and received confirmation numbers when the rooms were confirmed. When we actually arrived on July 6, 2017, we experienced the most confusion and worst reception I've ever had the to misfortune to experience. The desk was manned by two neophytes who would not accept our confirmation numbers nor refer us to their supervisors. The more rude of the two (her name was Stephanie) mocked my wife and kept making snide remarks all during our encounter. We finally were provided rooms after arguing, cajoling, reasoning approximately 45 minutes, and assuring the two ladies we were going to report them to their supervisors for their unprofessional/ confrontational demeanors. The manager finally did make contact and apologized profusely--but he could not make the extremely bad experience go away. I will never stay at this site in the future. Pitching a tent would be more acceptable.

Room Tip: I would enthusiastically discourage patronizing this specific establishment.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any problems that may have arose during your stay here at our property. It is always our desire that our guest leaves with an unforgettable experience. We would like to take this time to say that this is not of the norm for us and we do hope that you will give us a chance to change your mind about our property. When we check guests into our hotel we can do so with either a confirmation number or last name. I'm not sure where the confusion happened, if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me. We do hope that if you are in the area in the future that you will stay with us again

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We had 24 stay and the hotel is ok. The employees are great. The hospitality room we rented had AC problems and they did everything in their power to get it fixed.
This is an old hotel and they have done some updates. Not bad but a little pricey for the age.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thanks for your feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Holiday Inn Forest Park. Our team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We’ll see you soon.